Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,117 Members 47,669 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help with softbrick, not sure what to do!

Tip us?
 
ilikeph0
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Sep 2010
Default [Q] Help with softbrick, not sure what to do!

I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction.

I've recently flashed the modified ML1 modem from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1788313 and tried both using 4.3 Wicked Sensations and 4.3 MOAR. Phone was working great with either one until just normally restarting the phone, it would get stuck on the Samsung Galaxy SIII logo. My temporary fix was to go back into TWRP, wipe everything, and just reflash either rom but once in a while my phone would randomly lock up and I'd have to restart the phone to run into the same problem.

So I tried using http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1840030 this guide to maybe fix the problem but ODIN keeps failing when flashing the vzw.root_66.tar. I've used this once before and it worked, but this was over a year ago. Do I need to do something differently because I've technically updated my phone?

Now I'm in a situation where powering on the phone, it gives the unauthorized by verizon wireless msg even when holding the vol up and home keys but I am still able to access download mode.

Thanks!
 
BadUsername
Old
#2  
BadUsername's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 629
Posts: 1,286
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeph0 View Post
I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction.

I've recently flashed the modified ML1 modem from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1788313 and tried both using 4.3 Wicked Sensations and 4.3 MOAR. Phone was working great with either one until just normally restarting the phone, it would get stuck on the Samsung Galaxy SIII logo. My temporary fix was to go back into TWRP, wipe everything, and just reflash either rom but once in a while my phone would randomly lock up and I'd have to restart the phone to run into the same problem.

So I tried using http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1840030 this guide to maybe fix the problem but ODIN keeps failing when flashing the vzw.root_66.tar. I've used this once before and it worked, but this was over a year ago. Do I need to do something differently because I've technically updated my phone?

Now I'm in a situation where powering on the phone, it gives the unauthorized by verizon wireless msg even when holding the vol up and home keys but I am still able to access download mode.

Thanks!
You need to boot into download mode and post what it displays in the top left corner.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
 
ilikeph0
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadUsername View Post
You need to boot into download mode and post what it displays in the top left corner.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
It says:

ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SCH-I535
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: Yes (1 counts)
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Custom
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE

thank you for replying!
 
BadUsername
Old
#4  
BadUsername's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 629
Posts: 1,286
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeph0 View Post
It says:

ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SCH-I535
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: Yes (1 counts)
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Custom
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE

thank you for replying!
This should fix it:
http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23134718111254196

Then just be careful not to let it update, root with casual, install ez unlock version 1.2, and install a custom rom promptly.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
 
ilikeph0
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Sep 2010
Ah that makes a lot of sense, I cant believe I didnt even think about it. Thanks!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes