Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,857 Members 45,234 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] T-mobile LG G2 TWRP won't install CM11 ROM

Tip us?

mysticgohan_92
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] T-mobile LG G2 TWRP won't install CM11 ROM

Hi Guys,

Urgent issue. I rooted the device using Kingo, installed TWRP and then transferred the zip for the CM11 nightly and the gapps. I confirmed the nightly was for the D801 model which is T-mobile and the version of the G2 I have. Like a fool I forgot to backup my previous rom and TWRP says:

set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed
E:Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/cm-11-20140208-NIGHTLY-d801.zip'
Error flashing zip '/sdcard/cm-11-20140208-NIGHTLY-d801.zip'
Updating partition details

And there's a red ominous 'Failed' at the bottom of the prompt. Please help, I have no idea what to do, I'm a noob at this. Help is greatly appreciated, thank you!

Regards

super114
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticgohan_92 View Post
Hi Guys,

Urgent issue. I rooted the device using Kingo, installed TWRP and then transferred the zip for the CM11 nightly and the gapps. I confirmed the nightly was for the D801 model which is T-mobile and the version of the G2 I have. Like a fool I forgot to backup my previous rom and TWRP says:

set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed
E:Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/cm-11-20140208-NIGHTLY-d801.zip'
Error flashing zip '/sdcard/cm-11-20140208-NIGHTLY-d801.zip'
Updating partition details

And there's a red ominous 'Failed' at the bottom of the prompt. Please help, I have no idea what to do, I'm a noob at this. Help is greatly appreciated, thank you!

Regards
Can you restore the phone and boot back up? If so, replace TWRP with Philz Touch CWM. I had trouble flashing kit kat rom with TWRP too. But Philz Touch recovery seems to works just fine and it also has the option with restore a backup from TWRP too.
Just Another Asian On XDA.

mysticgohan_92
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by super114 View Post
Can you restore the phone and boot back up? If so, replace TWRP with Philz Touch CWM. I had trouble flashing kit kat rom with TWRP too. But Philz Touch recovery seems to works just fine and it also has the option with restore a backup from TWRP too.
Hi, thanks for your reply. I have resolved all issues. Turns out you need TWRP 2.6.3.5 to flash any CM11 nightlies. Also was using Windows 8.1 so the adb drivers were not straightforward to install to use adb push. I pushed and installed TWRP 2.6.3.5 and then flashed CM11 and she works like a dream!