Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Galaxy Ace bricked

OP skrabz

9th February 2014, 12:01 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hi guys, I come to you as I'm truly desperate about the actual state of my phone.

Earlier today, I decided to go back to a stock rom. When I tried to use Odin, I realized that my phone wasn't recognized by my PC hile in download mode. To avoid this problem, I used Mobile Odin and successfully flashed a stock rom (S5830BUKT2_S5830SFRKT1_S5830XWKT8_HOME.tar). Then I wanted to re-install a custom recovery mode, and I went with version 6.0.4.6 (6.0.4.6-cooper_fix.zip was the actual file). After I did that I couldn't boot in recovery mode anymore : the screen goes black, the logo reappears, then the screen goes white, then gets stuck at a blue screen. At this point I have to remove the battery and boot normally. So I was like 'nevermind I'll flash again the stock rom with Mobile Odin'. But the app requires for me to root the phone. Which I can't do without using the recovery mode. And I still can't use Odin (download mode not recognized). (I don't know why, but I don't have to press Volume Up to actually enter download mode, so I guess it's some kind of custom download mode).

So here I am, asking you to help me because every solution I can think of seems unapplicable to my case.
Thanks in advance !
9th February 2014, 08:24 AM   |  #2  
Flag Incred!ble India
Thanks Meter: 59

276 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skrabz

Hi guys, I come to you as I'm truly desperate about the actual state of my phone.

Earlier today, I decided to go back to a stock rom. When I tried to use Odin, I realized that my phone wasn't recognized by my PC hile in download mode. To avoid this problem, I used Mobile Odin and successfully flashed a stock rom (S5830BUKT2_S5830SFRKT1_S5830XWKT8_HOME.tar). Then I wanted to re-install a custom recovery mode, and I went with version 6.0.4.6 (6.0.4.6-cooper_fix.zip was the actual file). After I did that I couldn't boot in recovery mode anymore : the screen goes black, the logo reappears, then the screen goes white, then gets stuck at a blue screen. At this point I have to remove the battery and boot normally. So I was like 'nevermind I'll flash again the stock rom with Mobile Odin'. But the app requires for me to root the phone. Which I can't do without using the recovery mode. And I still can't use Odin (download mode not recognized). (I don't know why, but I don't have to press Volume Up to actually enter download mode, so I guess it's some kind of custom download mode).

So here I am, asking you to help me because every solution I can think of seems unapplicable to my case.
Thanks in advance !

cwm6.0.4.6 had blue screen issue. use cwm 6.0.4.7. In windows 8 I faced difficulty flashing stock. make sure you are using windows 7. and download mode is sometime pain in @ss. sometimes it simply restarts phone. Be patient.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread