Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,557 Members 46,782 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Ativ S and glance screen ?

Tip us?

Stefan Caromov
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Default Ativ S and glance screen ?

Is there any info about glance screen and double tab to wake for ativ S ?
After Lumia`s black update, i am wondering will we have any of those extras? Any news i didnt heard yet ?
And in Bulgaria in one precise gsm operator - VIVACOM wp8 has a horrible problem... When i call someone and on the second line someone call me durring a call, i dont see the name or number , i see unknown caller.
Nokia fixed that issue with their Black update, i wanna ask somebody familiar will samsung make an update to their devices also ?

mcosmin222
Old
Thanks Meter 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan Caromov View Post
After Lumia`s black update, i am wondering will we have any of those extras? Any news i didnt heard yet ?
And in Bulgaria in one precise gsm operator - VIVACOM wp8 has a horrible problem... When i call someone and on the second line someone call me durring a call, i dont see the name or number , i see unknown caller.
Nokia fixed that issue with their Black update, i wanna ask somebody familiar will samsung make an update to their devices also ?
The glance screen is no doubt working through some ROM extension, so the chances of it working on ATIV s is kinda small, unless samsung or some hacker makes a rom which supports it.

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2638
Well, if we get SYSTEM privs on the Ativ phones, we will be able to install drivers from other OEMs. That would be cool. Still working on it... sorry for the lack of progress, I have been too busy for much research the last month or so.
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.

Stefan Caromov
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDayToDie View Post
Well, if we get SYSTEM privs on the Ativ phones, we will be able to install drivers from other OEMs. That would be cool. Still working on it... sorry for the lack of progress, I have been too busy for much research the last month or so.
Don`t say sorry dude. We all - ativ s owners wait for you both - you and WOLF . So we all hope for some progress, but dont rush... when the thjings done, then...
I wonder will samsung make some update as black for nokia . I hope they won`t forget this device ..

dazza9075
Old
(Last edited by dazza9075; 2nd February 2014 at 04:42 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 442

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Don`t say sorry dude. We all - ativ s owners wait for you both - you and WOLF . So we all hope for some progress, but dont rush... when the thjings done, then...
I wonder will samsung make some update as black for nokia . I hope they won`t forget this device ..
I think at this point its unlikely Samsung will give us much attention any more

Edit
Changed miss quote from GDTD

Sent from my arc 10HD using xda app-developers app
Please Click Thanks below if I've helped at all, but more importantly please donate to XDA Developers to help keep this place running, 10 Euros isn't much and for that you get to have a funky wee Star
Please click Here to donate to
XDA-Developers

Stefan Caromov
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazza9075 View Post
I think at this point its unlikely Samsung will give us much attention any more

Edit
Changed miss quote from GDTD

Sent from my arc 10HD using xda app-developers app
I still hope :)

AlvinPhilemon
Old
Thanks Meter 168

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Glance and Double Tap-to-Wake are Nokia-specific features and have specific drivers to work, simply installing the app will NOT make it work.

I've been meaning to look into bringing glance to Interop-Unlocked devices, although I know it won't be easy. I'll research more about this somewhere this week.
Hit the "Thanks" button if you thought this post was helpful!

Hit the "Donate to me" button to help me buy an ATIV S!

Prank Google Chrome - Fool your friends into thinking you actually have Google Chrome on your Windows Phone!

Samsung ATIV S GT-I8750
Firmware Revision Number: 2424.13.11.2
ROM: UK OPEN
Network: StarHub
Interop Unlocked: ✔

Loco5150
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Double tap is not even needed on the Ativ as we can wake the phone with the hardware Win-button.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Loco5150 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]