Ativ S and glance screen ?

OP Stefan Caromov

31st January 2014, 12:08 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 21

104 posts
Is there any info about glance screen and double tab to wake for ativ S ?
After Lumia`s black update, i am wondering will we have any of those extras? Any news i didnt heard yet ?
And in Bulgaria in one precise gsm operator - VIVACOM wp8 has a horrible problem... When i call someone and on the second line someone call me durring a call, i dont see the name or number , i see unknown caller.
Nokia fixed that issue with their Black update, i wanna ask somebody familiar will samsung make an update to their devices also ?
31st January 2014, 01:52 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 217

881 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan Caromov

After Lumia`s black update, i am wondering will we have any of those extras? Any news i didnt heard yet ?
And in Bulgaria in one precise gsm operator - VIVACOM wp8 has a horrible problem... When i call someone and on the second line someone call me durring a call, i dont see the name or number , i see unknown caller.
Nokia fixed that issue with their Black update, i wanna ask somebody familiar will samsung make an update to their devices also ?

The glance screen is no doubt working through some ROM extension, so the chances of it working on ATIV s is kinda small, unless samsung or some hacker makes a rom which supports it.
31st January 2014, 02:21 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,713

5,741 posts
More
Well, if we get SYSTEM privs on the Ativ phones, we will be able to install drivers from other OEMs. That would be cool. Still working on it... sorry for the lack of progress, I have been too busy for much research the last month or so.
31st January 2014, 07:53 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sofia

104 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDayToDie

Well, if we get SYSTEM privs on the Ativ phones, we will be able to install drivers from other OEMs. That would be cool. Still working on it... sorry for the lack of progress, I have been too busy for much research the last month or so.

Don`t say sorry dude. We all - ativ s owners wait for you both - you and WOLF . So we all hope for some progress, but dont rush... when the thjings done, then...
I wonder will samsung make some update as black for nokia . I hope they won`t forget this device ..
2nd February 2014, 04:40 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Glasgow
Thanks Meter: 445

2,786 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Don`t say sorry dude. We all - ativ s owners wait for you both - you and WOLF . So we all hope for some progress, but dont rush... when the thjings done, then...
I wonder will samsung make some update as black for nokia . I hope they won`t forget this device ..

I think at this point its unlikely Samsung will give us much attention any more

Edit
Changed miss quote from GDTD

Sent from my arc 10HD using xda app-developers app
Last edited by dazza9075; 2nd February 2014 at 04:42 PM.
2nd February 2014, 04:44 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sofia

104 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazza9075

I think at this point its unlikely Samsung will give us much attention any more

Edit
Changed miss quote from GDTD

Sent from my arc 10HD using xda app-developers app

I still hope :)
4th February 2014, 03:41 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 172

271 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Glance and Double Tap-to-Wake are Nokia-specific features and have specific drivers to work, simply installing the app will NOT make it work.

I've been meaning to look into bringing glance to Interop-Unlocked devices, although I know it won't be easy. I'll research more about this somewhere this week.
9th February 2014, 08:57 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 68

715 posts
More
Double tap is not even needed on the Ativ as we can wake the phone with the hardware Win-button.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Loco5150 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread