Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,525 Members 38,640 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Your opinion on this phone?

Tip us?

rkanwar
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 59
Default Your opinion on this phone?

Hi guys, I currently have a Sony xperjia s and I love the device. However my upgrade is due in may (a long time away yes I know, but I want to be prepared) and I want to know your thoughts of this phone, pros and cons, etc.

I really dont want to move away from Sony but I have read some bad reviews like the camera shots.

Would you recommend this phone? Would you not? Any other suggestions you might recommend?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Sony Xperia S | Asus Nexus 7

Vaith
Old
Thanks Meter 389
Just read reviews and read some threads about this phone in this section.

Wysłane z mojego C6903 przy użyciu Tapatalka
SE T630╠══╣SE K510i╠══╣SE K750i╠══╣SE Cybershoot™ K800i╠══╣SE Xperia X10 Mini Pro╠══╣SE Xperia Neo V╠══╣SE Xperia Arc S╠══╣SONY Xperia P╠══╣SONY Xperia S╠══╣Sony Xperia Z ╠══╣Sony Xperia Z1 ♥

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 615
Crap Phone!
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4
The Following User Says Thank You to eclyptos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by smajor View Post
why crap
Too much battery, to much cpu, too much gpu, too much fps, too much water resistant, too much stylish, too much everything.
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4
The Following User Says Thank You to eclyptos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jiyeon90
Old
Thanks Meter 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkanwar View Post
Hi guys, I currently have a Sony xperjia s and I love the device. However my upgrade is due in may (a long time away yes I know, but I want to be prepared) and I want to know your thoughts of this phone, pros and cons, etc.

I really dont want to move away from Sony but I have read some bad reviews like the camera shots.

Would you recommend this phone? Would you not? Any other suggestions you might recommend?

I had the acro s before this and the difference is HUGE!
the acro s just felt like a common smartphone, the Z1 in the other hand feels more like a mini computer, I rarely use my laptop now

Sent from my Xperia Z1
The Following User Says Thank You to Jiyeon90 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rkanwar
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 59
Thanks everyone. I am really considering this phone. Can anyone tell me any bad things about the phone which I should look out for?

Sony Xperia S | Asus Nexus 7

ermond012
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkanwar View Post
Thanks everyone. I am really considering this phone. Can anyone tell me any bad things about the phone which I should look out for?

The yellow hue of the screen. double check first the screen of the phone before getting one. I hope your S has a great screen and if does that should be your reference. Yellowish tint is very much evident on gray areas like the notification bar. Though the latest update, .136, has the white balance and it resolves that issue but having an at least almost perfect phone at the beginning is better right. So far the battery drains fast but that is if you're a heavy user. Just use Stamina Mode amd you're good to go. Superior Auto is a hit and miss but when using manual it's great. Screen is awesome but it could have been if it is IPS like the one in Z1 Compaxt but then again it is AWESOME. (y)

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to ermond012 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MADNJPN
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Phone is really crap! Bad screen, yellow hue, too much overheating I don't install games because of this, camera button very loose, other buttons feel like they are going to fall off, battery is good, but camera is crap even low light tripod shots are awful too much noise for such sensor, no 4K video recording, glass is not scratch resistant while holding the phone I scratch the back with my ring (I removed factory protection )... I've been SONY fan since Sony Ericsson and I gave this Z1 a chance after having Z and I must say I'm moving to Nexus ... Sony doesn't care about built quality anymore. If you want gaming this phone is pain in ***