Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,670 Members 44,426 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] No Speed Improvements with CROMI 5

Tip us?

_that
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdags View Post
I just ran AndroBench on my internal SD Card
With fsync off you are just measuring the write speed of your RAM.

technocephalgia
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
SDHC should be OK (must be 32GB or lower?)

I just ran AndroBench on my internal SD Card with fsync disabled - I'll run it on my Sandisk UHS-1 Class 10 64GB SDXC in a minute

As you can see they are approx the same as the external data setup gives the same benefits as internal + fsync without the dangers of disabling fsync.
its a 32GB card sir..

as for the external data setup vs internal.. i dont seem to comprehend.. does external mean the DATA2SD mod? im really sorry, but much of the terms are very new to me..

sbdags
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 12,772

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by technocephalgia View Post
its a 32GB card sir..

as for the external data setup vs internal.. i dont seem to comprehend.. does external mean the DATA2SD mod? im really sorry, but much of the terms are very new to me..
If you are using data2sd or rom2sd then /data is on your external sd card.

Run the same test as me what do you get?
The Following User Says Thank You to sbdags For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

technocephalgia
Old
(Last edited by technocephalgia; 8th February 2014 at 04:39 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:

these are my results..

i cant express enough my gratitude for your guidance.. please continue to help me through this process

technocephalgia
Old
(Last edited by technocephalgia; 8th February 2014 at 04:24 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:

would a reinstall possibly fix this?

how I plan to reinstall..
reboot to recovery, advance wipe everything (same options, will not do anything about fsync)
then reinstall cromi 5.3, go back to home
then flash 5.3a patch, then reboot

would that be okay? i am scared to brick my device.. or how should i go about it? i have copied my files to my computer and do not have many apps, i use my tablet solely really for studying.. so a total wipeout really wont bother me..

sbdags
Old
(Last edited by sbdags; 8th February 2014 at 06:18 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 12,772

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by technocephalgia View Post
would a reinstall possibly fix this?

how I plan to reinstall..
reboot to recovery, advance wipe everything (same options, will not do anything about fsync)
then reinstall cromi 5.3, go back to home
then flash 5.3a patch, then reboot

would that be okay? i am scared to brick my device.. or how should i go about it? i have copied my files to my computer and do not have many apps, i use my tablet solely really for studying.. so a total wipeout really wont bother me..
BTW I tried the benchmarks without fsync disabled and got very similar to yours so it looks like the card controller is rubbish on the transformer as well. But the rom should feel zippy even so.

If you want to wipe your data2sd partition you'll need to run the mount zip first.

Why don't you just try a nice clean install on internal first - let's get that up and running.
The Following User Says Thank You to sbdags For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

technocephalgia
Old
(Last edited by technocephalgia; 9th February 2014 at 03:05 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
BTW I tried the benchmarks without fsync disabled and got very similar to yours so it looks like the card controller is rubbish on the transformer as well. But the rom should feel zippy even so.

If you want to wipe your data2sd partition you'll need to run the mount zip first.

Why don't you just try a nice clean install on internal first - let's get that up and running.
heres what i did..
factory reset, then wipe internal.. then flash mount zip, delete internal (just to make sure)
then flash cromi-x 5.3, home, flash 5.3a patch then reboot (this time i disabled fsync)

the tablet booted, runs

i did perform any backups but i still have androbench and google drive(i used it to transfer the screenshots)? isnt it suppose to be gone? even my pie shorcuts are still here..

i ran the test again, here are the results (even the screenshot shortcut settings remained the same, shouldnt it have been affected by the reset as well?

anyway, the numbers showed big imporvements on write speeds!

technocephalgia
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
i dont know if this helps, but heres my storage:

sdcadi, data and datai are all empty

technocephalgia
Old
(Last edited by technocephalgia; 9th February 2014 at 11:38 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I would like to thank you alot sir! I simply cannot afford a new tablet. Your work has breathed new life to my. More power to you sir!

As a matter of fact, I am tying this from my tablet! There isn't a thanks button in sight though.. I will hit thanks as soon as I get on the computer! Currently slaving away in the library..

The Following User Says Thank You to technocephalgia For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]