Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] How to unlock network lock on Sony Xperia Z Ultra ?

OP hayssamh

7th February 2014, 12:08 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I have been fighting over this for several days now but I can't seem to find the information I'm looking for: how to unlock the network lock of a Sony Xperia Z Ultra so it can be used with a SIM card of any network.
All I have found is how to unlock the boot loader or root the device. Does doing that also unlock the network? I'm not sure...
Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Best,
Hayssam
7th February 2014, 02:39 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 182

394 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayssamh

I have been fighting over this for several days now but I can't seem to find the information I'm looking for: how to unlock the network lock of a Sony Xperia Z Ultra so it can be used with a SIM card of any network.
All I have found is how to unlock the boot loader or root the device. Does doing that also unlock the network? I'm not sure...
Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Best,
Hayssam

I am trying to discover the same answers for my locked Note 3 that is now for sale but network locked!

Ryland
8th February 2014, 01:46 PM   |  #3  
Flag Southend
Thanks Meter: 73

515 posts
More
Put another sim in the phone and itll ask for an unlock code. You can get it from your carrier or go to unlockanyphone.com I think it is and its 13 or $19 as I've already looked just to see how much it'd be but I already have a unlocked phone

J

Sent from my C6833 using xda app-developers app
9th February 2014, 03:42 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 3

48 posts
I don't know if it will work for the Xperia z ultra but it worked on my girlfriends note 2. I just flashed a generic firmware from my location in which case a generic UK/EU firmware

Sent from my C6833 using xda app-developers app
9th February 2014, 01:59 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 27

148 posts
If any of you are in the UK and your phone is locked to 3 network, they will unlock it for free now. This applies to any handset on 3, whatever make and model.

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread