Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,049 Members 39,637 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Flashing a Verizon Radio

Tip us?

purple1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Default Flashing a Verizon Radio

so i saw on a thread someone saying they tried a verizon rom and got true hspa+ but no call or sms or something like that, i was wondering how dangerous is it to flash a verizon radio on the sprint one, i want to update to kit kat but i will be stuck on edge and that is something i can not deal with, im in the us using tmobile, so if you flash a verizon radio and it works cant you use it for flashing kit kat roms that are sense?

Kraizk
Old
Thanks Meter 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by purple1 View Post
so i saw on a thread someone saying they tried a verizon rom and got true hspa+ but no call or sms or something like that, i was wondering how dangerous is it to flash a verizon radio on the sprint one, i want to update to kit kat but i will be stuck on edge and that is something i can not deal with, im in the us using tmobile, so if you flash a verizon radio and it works cant you use it for flashing kit kat roms that are sense?
Very dangerous. Don't attempt it WILL NOT work
HTC 8125
HTC Tilt
Samsung Blackjack II
iPhone 3G
iPhone 3GS
iPad
Motorola Atrix
HTC VIVID
HTC Inspire
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
HTC ONE X+
HTC ONE (SPRINT)
Eee Pad Transformer
Eee Pad Transformer Prime
NEXUS 7

BMP7777
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2481

DONATE TO ME
Lemme get this straight; you're using a Sprint ONE with T-Mobile? And you want to flash a Verizon radio? WHAT?
The Following User Says Thank You to BMP7777 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

purple1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMP7777 View Post
Lemme get this straight; you're using a Sprint ONE with T-Mobile? And you want to flash a Verizon radio? WHAT?
Yeah haha. Someone said they used Verizon Rom and it worked good except for voice. So I was curious. I have tools using a unlocked sprint htc one yes. I want to flash a kitkat Rom but I can't cause it will only use edge and that's something I can't deal with

Sent from my HTCONE using xda app-developers app

lilman355
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Not a good idea. Do not do that. Could very well brick a phone.

Sent from my HTCONE using xda app-developers app