Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

LEWA OS5 for A110 update error

OP krishna1962

17th January 2014, 04:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Dallas
Thanks Meter: 9

53 posts
More
i installed LEWA os5 "LeWa_13.11.15, android version 4.1.2, for canvas 2 everything works fine except OTA updates are not installing it is aborting, when i contacted the author i was advised to try with stock recovery, i tried with stock recovery but ota update 14.01.06 is not installing. does anyone have solution for this. also tried with CWM recovery still installation aborting.
17th January 2014, 05:49 PM   |  #2  
Flag ahmedabad
Thanks Meter: 943

652 posts
Originally Posted by krishna1962

i installed lewa os5 "lewa_13.11.15, android version 4.1.2, for canvas 2 everything works fine except ota updates are not installing it is aborting, when i contacted the author i was advised to try with stock recovery, i tried with stock recovery but ota update 14.01.06 is not installing. Does anyone have solution for this. Also tried with cwm recovery still installation aborting.

which error did u get while instlling through cwm
The Following User Says Thank You to Faaiz Puthawala For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th January 2014, 06:05 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Dallas

53 posts
More
update error
Quote:
Originally Posted by fa@iz

which error did u get while instlling through cwm

i get " installation aborted" yesterday too i received another automatic update the version is v14.01.17, after downloading it it asked whether i have to reboot. then it showed installation aborted. so i think it may not be the recovery error, it may be something which the update might have not been configured for A110. Anyone have idea of installing the way to install the update in mmx A110. other than this the rom works very well.
18th January 2014, 08:34 AM   |  #4  
Flag ahmedabad
Thanks Meter: 943

652 posts
Originally Posted by krishna1962

i get " installation aborted" yesterday too i received another automatic update the version is v14.01.17, after downloading it it asked whether i have to reboot. Then it showed installation aborted. So i think it may not be the recovery error, it may be something which the update might have not been configured for a110. Anyone have idea of installing the way to install the update in mmx a110. Other than this the rom works very well.

buddy i think the error is in updater script....if possible upload it.
18th January 2014, 04:17 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Dallas

53 posts
More
how to find the file of update script
Quote:
Originally Posted by fa@iz

buddy i think the error is in updater script....if possible upload it.

how to find out the update script file , if some one guide me the path to find the file of updater i could upload that script to find if any error is in that or not
19th January 2014, 02:03 PM   |  #6  
Kashmir
Thanks Meter: 868

975 posts
More
If the ota is from lewa it won't work.
Firstly because of get prop lines in the updater script which need to be removed.
Secondly even if they are removed. Updated won't work because your rom would be ported which will have different md5 sums for file than lewa.

Sent from my potato chamber using xda app-developers app
19th January 2014, 04:38 PM   |  #7  
OP Member
Dallas

53 posts
More
thank you mufti
Quote:
Originally Posted by mufti.arfan

If the ota is from lewa it won't work.
Firstly because of get prop lines in the updater script which need to be removed.
Secondly even if they are removed. Updated won't work because your rom would be ported which will have different md5 sums for file than lewa.

thank you mufti for the information. then is there any lewa os 4.2 rom for canvas2.
19th January 2014, 06:19 PM   |  #8  
Kashmir
Thanks Meter: 868

975 posts
More
No.

9th February 2014, 02:31 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Dear dev, my device is MM Canvas2,which is on Lewa rom by you. My problem is some important apps like adWay get killed by system cleaner.could you please help me get over this problem

Sent from my Micromax A110 using xda app-developers app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread