Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,752 Members 39,587 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LEWA OS5 for A110 update error

Tip us?

krishna1962
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default LEWA OS5 for A110 update error

i installed LEWA os5 "LeWa_13.11.15, android version 4.1.2, for canvas 2 everything works fine except OTA updates are not installing it is aborting, when i contacted the author i was advised to try with stock recovery, i tried with stock recovery but ota update 14.01.06 is not installing. does anyone have solution for this. also tried with CWM recovery still installation aborting.

Faaiz Puthawala
Old
Thanks Meter 1,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by krishna1962 View Post
i installed lewa os5 "lewa_13.11.15, android version 4.1.2, for canvas 2 everything works fine except ota updates are not installing it is aborting, when i contacted the author i was advised to try with stock recovery, i tried with stock recovery but ota update 14.01.06 is not installing. Does anyone have solution for this. Also tried with cwm recovery still installation aborting.
which error did u get while instlling through cwm
If your signature says something like "Hit the thanks button if I've helped," I automatically assume you're here for "likes" and
really care about imaginary internet points.
You're on the wrong site. Don't be that person. Its ridiculous.

The Following User Says Thank You to Faaiz Puthawala For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

krishna1962
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default update error

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa@iz View Post
which error did u get while instlling through cwm
i get " installation aborted" yesterday too i received another automatic update the version is v14.01.17, after downloading it it asked whether i have to reboot. then it showed installation aborted. so i think it may not be the recovery error, it may be something which the update might have not been configured for A110. Anyone have idea of installing the way to install the update in mmx A110. other than this the rom works very well.

Faaiz Puthawala
Old
Thanks Meter 1,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by krishna1962 View Post
i get " installation aborted" yesterday too i received another automatic update the version is v14.01.17, after downloading it it asked whether i have to reboot. Then it showed installation aborted. So i think it may not be the recovery error, it may be something which the update might have not been configured for a110. Anyone have idea of installing the way to install the update in mmx a110. Other than this the rom works very well.
buddy i think the error is in updater script....if possible upload it.
If your signature says something like "Hit the thanks button if I've helped," I automatically assume you're here for "likes" and
really care about imaginary internet points.
You're on the wrong site. Don't be that person. Its ridiculous.

krishna1962
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default how to find the file of update script

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa@iz View Post
buddy i think the error is in updater script....if possible upload it.
how to find out the update script file , if some one guide me the path to find the file of updater i could upload that script to find if any error is in that or not

mufti.arfan
Old
Thanks Meter 865
If the ota is from lewa it won't work.
Firstly because of get prop lines in the updater script which need to be removed.
Secondly even if they are removed. Updated won't work because your rom would be ported which will have different md5 sums for file than lewa.

Sent from my potato chamber using xda app-developers app
WORKED AS A TESTER AND 'HALF'-DEVELOPER FOR CM7 PORTS AND CUSTOM ROMS FOR GALAXY 5 @ MadTeam FORUMS, QUITE LEARNER

krishna1962
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default thank you mufti

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufti.arfan View Post
If the ota is from lewa it won't work.
Firstly because of get prop lines in the updater script which need to be removed.
Secondly even if they are removed. Updated won't work because your rom would be ported which will have different md5 sums for file than lewa.

thank you mufti for the information. then is there any lewa os 4.2 rom for canvas2.

mufti.arfan
Old
Thanks Meter 865
No.

WORKED AS A TESTER AND 'HALF'-DEVELOPER FOR CM7 PORTS AND CUSTOM ROMS FOR GALAXY 5 @ MadTeam FORUMS, QUITE LEARNER

dirudira
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Dear dev, my device is MM Canvas2,which is on Lewa rom by you. My problem is some important apps like adWay get killed by system cleaner.could you please help me get over this problem

Sent from my Micromax A110 using xda app-developers app