Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,095 Members 41,179 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unlock bootloader? - au J Butterfly 1.39.970.1

Tip us?

thedamirish
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Unlock bootloader? - au J Butterfly 1.39.970.1

Basically I want to root my replacement phone.
Does anyone have a technique for unlocking the bootloader on the au J Butterfly with firmware 1.39.970.1?
I've tried the diggetroot method, but the phone kept shutting down before I could execute the /db/shell command.
I've tried various techniques from all over the web, with no success. Am I missing something?
Any advice would be appreciated.

vroad
Old
(Last edited by vroad; 9th February 2014 at 03:10 PM.)
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedamirish View Post
Basically I want to root my replacement phone.
Does anyone have a technique for unlocking the bootloader on the au J Butterfly with firmware 1.39.970.1?
I've tried the diggetroot method, but the phone kept shutting down before I could execute the /db/shell command.
I've tried various techniques from all over the web, with no success. Am I missing something?
Any advice would be appreciated.
I think you need to downgrade first, to the version that you can unlock bootloder or S-OFF. I have never tried downgrading though.
Other S-OFF method needs bootloader unlock, but only revone S-OFF doesn't need boot loader unlocking.
If you don't want to use custom kernel(or ROMs based on custom kernel), you don't have to unlock bootloader.

If you don't care about unlocking bootloader, use whichever method you want, Of course...

It's not a dream for x920D to get S-off even @ hboot 1.41 - xda-developers
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2248337