I bricked my s4, Help!

OP Frennesson

9th February 2014, 11:10 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I think i bricked my s4. This is what i've done.

I had echoe illusion rom installed on my s4 and it worked fine but then i wanted to remove it to get a vanilla phone with a simple root. So i deleted cache and everything that you're suppose to do, and it worekd fine i had a vanilla phone with root, then i wanted to use gamekiller 2.6 but that wouldnt work unless i had a custom rom, so i download PAC rom and tried to flash that onto my device by installing zip from odin menu on the phone. it failed because there was a type error in the file and this made my phone brick, I get the message firmware upgrade encountered an issue. please select recovery mode in kies & try again.

what i've tried:

Flash a stock rom using odin (used 4 files, bootloader, pda, phone and csc) did not work it failed.

Re-root the phone. It passes but then it restarts and goes to the startup logo and stay there forever, i left it for half an hour and nothing happened.

flash a custom rom. doesn't work it fail.

use the recovery in kies, doesn't work i dont know what my number is.

I really need help with this as i have important things to do with my phone and i need it on ASAP!

samsung galaxy s4 GT-I9505
9th February 2014, 01:13 PM   |  #2  
Flag Bogota
Thanks Meter: 16

127 posts
More
If your phone gets download mode there is still a hope..
Reinstall samsung drivers on your pc again. restart it , change your data cable USB port (choice another port), try to flash... sometimes datacables and ports are tricky trolls.

Enviado desde mi Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500
9th February 2014, 03:54 PM   |  #3  
Flag Bakersfield, California
Thanks Meter: 2,685

4,775 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up re: stock rom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frennesson

I think i bricked my s4. This is what i've done.

I had echoe illusion rom installed on my s4 and it worked fine but then i wanted to remove it to get a vanilla phone with a simple root. So i deleted cache and everything that you're suppose to do, and it worekd fine i had a vanilla phone with root, then i wanted to use gamekiller 2.6 but that wouldnt work unless i had a custom rom, so i download PAC rom and tried to flash that onto my device by installing zip from odin menu on the phone. it failed because there was a type error in the file and this made my phone brick, I get the message firmware upgrade encountered an issue. please select recovery mode in kies & try again.

what i've tried:

Flash a stock rom using odin (used 4 files, bootloader, pda, phone and csc) did not work it failed.

Re-root the phone. It passes but then it restarts and goes to the startup logo and stay there forever, i left it for half an hour and nothing happened.

flash a custom rom. doesn't work it fail.

use the recovery in kies, doesn't work i dont know what my number is.

I really need help with this as i have important things to do with my phone and i need it on ASAP!

samsung galaxy s4 GT-I9505

#1: go to http://SamMobile.com and download the 1 file official firmware for your specific phone's model.(TAR.MD5)
#2: go into recovery and do a complete wipe including Factory Reset, Wipe Cache, Data, System and
Dalvik cache.
#3: odin flash the original stock firmware which you downloaded from http://SamMobile.com

Doing that should fix the problems you are experiencing.

Good luck!
Last edited by Misterjunky; 9th February 2014 at 03:57 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread