Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,676 Members 51,753 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I bricked my s4, Help!

Tip us?

Frennesson
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question I bricked my s4, Help!

I think i bricked my s4. This is what i've done.

I had echoe illusion rom installed on my s4 and it worked fine but then i wanted to remove it to get a vanilla phone with a simple root. So i deleted cache and everything that you're suppose to do, and it worekd fine i had a vanilla phone with root, then i wanted to use gamekiller 2.6 but that wouldnt work unless i had a custom rom, so i download PAC rom and tried to flash that onto my device by installing zip from odin menu on the phone. it failed because there was a type error in the file and this made my phone brick, I get the message firmware upgrade encountered an issue. please select recovery mode in kies & try again.

what i've tried:

Flash a stock rom using odin (used 4 files, bootloader, pda, phone and csc) did not work it failed.

Re-root the phone. It passes but then it restarts and goes to the startup logo and stay there forever, i left it for half an hour and nothing happened.

flash a custom rom. doesn't work it fail.

use the recovery in kies, doesn't work i dont know what my number is.

I really need help with this as i have important things to do with my phone and i need it on ASAP!

samsung galaxy s4 GT-I9505

mcyorian
Old
Thanks Meter 15
If your phone gets download mode there is still a hope..
Reinstall samsung drivers on your pc again. restart it , change your data cable USB port (choice another port), try to flash... sometimes datacables and ports are tricky trolls.

Enviado desde mi Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500

Misterjunky
Old
(Last edited by Misterjunky; 9th February 2014 at 03:57 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2250

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up re: stock rom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frennesson View Post
I think i bricked my s4. This is what i've done.

I had echoe illusion rom installed on my s4 and it worked fine but then i wanted to remove it to get a vanilla phone with a simple root. So i deleted cache and everything that you're suppose to do, and it worekd fine i had a vanilla phone with root, then i wanted to use gamekiller 2.6 but that wouldnt work unless i had a custom rom, so i download PAC rom and tried to flash that onto my device by installing zip from odin menu on the phone. it failed because there was a type error in the file and this made my phone brick, I get the message firmware upgrade encountered an issue. please select recovery mode in kies & try again.

what i've tried:

Flash a stock rom using odin (used 4 files, bootloader, pda, phone and csc) did not work it failed.

Re-root the phone. It passes but then it restarts and goes to the startup logo and stay there forever, i left it for half an hour and nothing happened.

flash a custom rom. doesn't work it fail.

use the recovery in kies, doesn't work i dont know what my number is.

I really need help with this as i have important things to do with my phone and i need it on ASAP!

samsung galaxy s4 GT-I9505

#1: go to http://SamMobile.com and download the 1 file official firmware for your specific phone's model.(TAR.MD5)
#2: go into recovery and do a complete wipe including Factory Reset, Wipe Cache, Data, System and
Dalvik cache.
#3: odin flash the original stock firmware which you downloaded from http://SamMobile.com

Doing that should fix the problems you are experiencing.

Good luck!
Have a great day, enjoy!

Don't forget it takes less time to click the "THANKS" button than to type "thank you".
(unless you type very fast).