Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

HTC one soft bricked need help

OP mirborn

9th February 2014, 06:00 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Sprint Htc One - Phone is stuck in bootloader. It is not rooted. (had the issue trying to root it) There is no OS installed as i think i erased the internal storage.
Tampered
Unlocked.
S-ON
HBOOt - 1.56
OS 4.06.651.4

I have philz_touch_5.08.5-m7spr as my recovery. When i go to "choose zip from sdcard, it says E: Cant't mount /sdcard/. So i tried sideloading insertcoin-m7-7.1-4 rom. I was successful in sideloading it, but when installing, i get the error message set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed. I have also tried a different rom (OrDroid 40.0.1) but get the same message halfway through. I have tried openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.0-m7wls but that had the same issue except, it wouldn't even go to sideload. it just says failed.

I have also tried the RUU software, but my versions dont match and it seems you cant go from a higher version to a lower one?

Anything i can do to solve the issue?
9th February 2014, 06:14 AM   |  #2  
BD619's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag Xda-Dev,NV
Thanks Meter: 8,071
 
8,447 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Donate to Me
More
Look HERE ...use the 4.06.651.4 s-on firmware.
When you get to the part where it says to adb push a rom to your phone use a 4.4.2 Sprint rom
9th February 2014, 06:19 AM   |  #3  
demo27vol1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag University of California, Riverside
Thanks Meter: 65
 
321 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Did you read this? It might be outdated so im not sure if it will still work. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2258809
I think you have 2 options:

1. Try to S-Off so you can run any RUU (not sure if there is a s-off for hboot 1.56 or if you can even s-off without internal data).
2. Wait for the new RUU to come out (not sure when its coming out).
9th February 2014, 07:59 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD619

Look HERE ...use the 4.06.651.4 s-on firmware.
When you get to the part where it says to adb push a rom to your phone use a 4.4.2 Sprint rom

Ok i followed all the steps and here is what happened. When flashing the 4.06 firmware in fastboot mode, my htc one's screen displayed the HTC logo and a progress bar underneath it. It stopped at what looked like 90%. and doesent complete. But the terminal on my computer said it was complete. so i just rebooted it into fast boot mode and continued on the instructions. I unlocked the bootloader again and flashed twrp 2.6.3 m7wls I formatted the data like it said to do. And after wards i adb pushed cm-11-20140208-NIGHTLY-m7spr. When i got to the sd card to install it, it says failed.
9th February 2014, 08:04 AM   |  #5  
BD619's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag Xda-Dev,NV
Thanks Meter: 8,071
 
8,447 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirborn

Ok i followed all the steps and here is what happened. When flashing the 4.06 firmware in fastboot mode, my htc one's screen displayed the HTC logo and a progress bar underneath it. It stopped at what looked like 90%. and doesent complete. But the terminal on my computer said it was complete. so i just rebooted it into fast boot mode and continued on the instructions. I unlocked the bootloader again and flashed twrp 2.6.3 m7wls I formatted the data like it said to do. And after wards i adb pushed cm-11-20140208-NIGHTLY-m7spr. When i got to the sd card to install it, it says failed.

I would suggest pushing a Sprint 4.4.2 sense rom just to get you up and running
9th February 2014, 08:07 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD619

I would suggest pushing a Sprint 4.4.2 sense rom just to get you up and running

could i please get a link? my self esteem has plummeted after failing so much ahhaha.
9th February 2014, 08:12 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirborn

could i please get a link? my self esteem has plummeted after failing so much ahhaha.

NVM i got it to work, instead of pushing it, i sideloaded cm. it worked. Ty so much for the help.
9th February 2014, 08:13 AM   |  #8  
BD619's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag Xda-Dev,NV
Thanks Meter: 8,071
 
8,447 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirborn

could i please get a link? my self esteem has plummeted after failing so much ahhaha.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2635051
The Following User Says Thank You to BD619 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th February 2014, 05:15 PM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 50
 
327 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Thanks for having our backs BD! I am not having issues but learn much by looking at these threads.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes