Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,782 Members 45,290 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC one soft bricked need help

Tip us?

mirborn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy HTC one soft bricked need help

Sprint Htc One - Phone is stuck in bootloader. It is not rooted. (had the issue trying to root it) There is no OS installed as i think i erased the internal storage.
Tampered
Unlocked.
S-ON
HBOOt - 1.56
OS 4.06.651.4

I have philz_touch_5.08.5-m7spr as my recovery. When i go to "choose zip from sdcard, it says E: Cant't mount /sdcard/. So i tried sideloading insertcoin-m7-7.1-4 rom. I was successful in sideloading it, but when installing, i get the error message set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed. I have also tried a different rom (OrDroid 40.0.1) but get the same message halfway through. I have tried openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.0-m7wls but that had the same issue except, it wouldn't even go to sideload. it just says failed.

I have also tried the RUU software, but my versions dont match and it seems you cant go from a higher version to a lower one?

Anything i can do to solve the issue?

BD619
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7597

DONATE TO ME
Look HERE ...use the 4.06.651.4 s-on firmware.
When you get to the part where it says to adb push a rom to your phone use a 4.4.2 Sprint rom

Frequently Asked Questions - HTC One-M7-Sprint(m7wls) | HTC Evo 4G LTE(Jewel) | HTC One-M8-Sprint(m8_whl)
ROM Cleaner | AROMA | Remove Bloatware | Backup Apps | Install Apps/Mods
ROM Cleaner for HTC Evo 4G LTE or ROM Cleaner for HTC One
My DIY guides on how to root your HTC Evo 4G LTE | HTC One(M7)-Sprint | HTC One(M8)-Sprint

Forum Moderator

demo27vol1
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Did you read this? It might be outdated so im not sure if it will still work. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2258809
I think you have 2 options:

1. Try to S-Off so you can run any RUU (not sure if there is a s-off for hboot 1.56 or if you can even s-off without internal data).
2. Wait for the new RUU to come out (not sure when its coming out).
---
HTC One 32 gig
Nexus 7 (2012) 32 gig
iPhone 5 32 gig <- SGSII Epic Touch 4G <- Evo 3D <- HTC Evo 4G <- Lg Rumor

mirborn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD619 View Post
Look HERE ...use the 4.06.651.4 s-on firmware.
When you get to the part where it says to adb push a rom to your phone use a 4.4.2 Sprint rom
Ok i followed all the steps and here is what happened. When flashing the 4.06 firmware in fastboot mode, my htc one's screen displayed the HTC logo and a progress bar underneath it. It stopped at what looked like 90%. and doesent complete. But the terminal on my computer said it was complete. so i just rebooted it into fast boot mode and continued on the instructions. I unlocked the bootloader again and flashed twrp 2.6.3 m7wls I formatted the data like it said to do. And after wards i adb pushed cm-11-20140208-NIGHTLY-m7spr. When i got to the sd card to install it, it says failed.

BD619
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7597

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirborn View Post
Ok i followed all the steps and here is what happened. When flashing the 4.06 firmware in fastboot mode, my htc one's screen displayed the HTC logo and a progress bar underneath it. It stopped at what looked like 90%. and doesent complete. But the terminal on my computer said it was complete. so i just rebooted it into fast boot mode and continued on the instructions. I unlocked the bootloader again and flashed twrp 2.6.3 m7wls I formatted the data like it said to do. And after wards i adb pushed cm-11-20140208-NIGHTLY-m7spr. When i got to the sd card to install it, it says failed.
I would suggest pushing a Sprint 4.4.2 sense rom just to get you up and running

Frequently Asked Questions - HTC One-M7-Sprint(m7wls) | HTC Evo 4G LTE(Jewel) | HTC One-M8-Sprint(m8_whl)
My DIY guides on how to root your HTC Evo 4G LTE | HTC One(M7)-Sprint | HTC One(M8)-Sprint

Forum Moderator

mirborn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD619 View Post
I would suggest pushing a Sprint 4.4.2 sense rom just to get you up and running
could i please get a link? my self esteem has plummeted after failing so much ahhaha.

mirborn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
could i please get a link? my self esteem has plummeted after failing so much ahhaha.
NVM i got it to work, instead of pushing it, i sideloaded cm. it worked. Ty so much for the help.

BD619
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7597

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2635051

Forum Moderator
The Following User Says Thank You to BD619 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Docarut
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Thanks for having our backs BD! I am not having issues but learn much by looking at these threads.

XDA PORTAL POSTS

Slate Calendar Helps You Organize Your Life

Without calendars in some form or another, most of our lives would be utter chaos. Unless you are … more

Shane Francis to Talk Android, Robotics, and Vision at XDA:DevCon 2014

Our international xda:devcon 14in Manchester, UK on the weekend of … more

LG G Watch Tool is a Toolkit all Owners Need

The LG G Watch is one of the first two devices hitting the market rocking the highly anticipated … more

Benchmark Your CPU Performance with Mini CPU Integer Script

When it comes to device testing, there are two types of people on XDA. The first … more