FORUMS

Trying to update radio and bootloader...

539 posts
Thanks Meter: 88
 
By ibawanzingee, Senior Member on 9th February 2014, 04:03 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello,

So I am using CyanFox, and the Dev said to use his latest update, it is recommended to use a newer radio and bootloader. I found the stuff linked below, but I am not sure which files to use, and I'm not trying to F anything up. I am currently using baseband version: I535VRBMA2. Not sure about the bootloader. It's whatever one came with 4.1.2 when I got the phone.

http://invisiblek.org/sch-i535/

Thank you for any help.
Last edited by ibawanzingee; 9th February 2014 at 04:09 PM.
 
 
9th February 2014, 04:16 PM |#2  
SlimSnoopOS's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,084
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibawanzingee

Hello,

So I am using CyanFox, and the Dev said to use his latest update, it is recommended to use a newer radio and bootloader. I found the stuff linked below, but I am not sure which files to use, and I'm not trying to F anything up. I am currently using baseband version: I535VRBMA2. Not sure about the bootloader. It's whatever one came with 4.1.2 when I got the phone.

http://invisiblek.org/sch-i535/

Thank you for any help.

Since you have unlocked the bootloader, don't worry about it. Update your firmware to VRBMF1 (firmware has its own page on Invisiblek.org). It's essentially the modem, tz, sbl, and a few other partitions. Don't wipe, just flash in recovery. Next, you can flash the VRUCML1 modem which is located in the modem tab on Invisiblek.org.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
9th February 2014, 04:19 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 52
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimSnoopOS

Since you have unlocked the bootloader, don't worry about it. Update your firmware to VRBMF1 (firmware has its own page on Invisiblek.org). It's essentially the modem, tz, sbl, and a few other partitions. Don't wipe, just flash in recovery. Next, you can flash the VRUCML1 modem which is located in the modem tab on Invisiblek.org.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Just to clarify DO NOT UPDATE THE BOOTLOADER.

If you do, you won't be able to unlock it again. Updating radios are fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to podspi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th February 2014, 04:30 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 88
 
More
You guys are awesome! Thanks for the fast replies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimSnoopOS

Since you have unlocked the bootloader, don't worry about it. Update your firmware to VRBMF1 (firmware has its own page on Invisiblek.org). It's essentially the modem, tz, sbl, and a few other partitions. Don't wipe, just flash in recovery. Next, you can flash the VRUCML1 modem which is located in the modem tab on Invisiblek.org.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by podspi

Just to clarify DO NOT UPDATE THE BOOTLOADER.

If you do, you won't be able to unlock it again. Updating radios are fine.

The Following User Says Thank You to ibawanzingee For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes