5,600,984 Members 44,227 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Trying to update radio and bootloader...

Tip us?

ibawanzingee
Old
(Last edited by ibawanzingee; 9th February 2014 at 04:09 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 75
Default Trying to update radio and bootloader...

Hello,

So I am using CyanFox, and the Dev said to use his latest update, it is recommended to use a newer radio and bootloader. I found the stuff linked below, but I am not sure which files to use, and I'm not trying to F anything up. I am currently using baseband version: I535VRBMA2. Not sure about the bootloader. It's whatever one came with 4.1.2 when I got the phone.

http://invisiblek.org/sch-i535/

Thank you for any help.

SlimSnoopOS
Old
Thanks Meter 1706
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibawanzingee View Post
Hello,

So I am using CyanFox, and the Dev said to use his latest update, it is recommended to use a newer radio and bootloader. I found the stuff linked below, but I am not sure which files to use, and I'm not trying to F anything up. I am currently using baseband version: I535VRBMA2. Not sure about the bootloader. It's whatever one came with 4.1.2 when I got the phone.

http://invisiblek.org/sch-i535/

Thank you for any help.
Since you have unlocked the bootloader, don't worry about it. Update your firmware to VRBMF1 (firmware has its own page on Invisiblek.org). It's essentially the modem, tz, sbl, and a few other partitions. Don't wipe, just flash in recovery. Next, you can flash the VRUCML1 modem which is located in the modem tab on Invisiblek.org.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
[VZW] Samsung Galaxy SIII
[last device]
Droid Incroyable

podspi
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimSnoopOS View Post
Since you have unlocked the bootloader, don't worry about it. Update your firmware to VRBMF1 (firmware has its own page on Invisiblek.org). It's essentially the modem, tz, sbl, and a few other partitions. Don't wipe, just flash in recovery. Next, you can flash the VRUCML1 modem which is located in the modem tab on Invisiblek.org.

Just to clarify DO NOT UPDATE THE BOOTLOADER.

If you do, you won't be able to unlock it again. Updating radios are fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to podspi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ibawanzingee
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 75
You guys are awesome! Thanks for the fast replies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimSnoopOS View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by podspi View Post
Just to clarify DO NOT UPDATE THE BOOTLOADER.

If you do, you won't be able to unlock it again. Updating radios are fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to ibawanzingee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]