Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,085 Members 43,511 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Annoying spots on screen

Tip us?

wm388
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 59
Default [Q] Annoying spots on screen

I got my G2 in November. About a week after I got it, there was a little light/white spot on the screen. I tried using Dead Pixel Detect/Fix app in the Play Store which fixed the issue for about three days. I've learned to live with it, also because I passed the 2 week return period, and also because I'm rooted and my warranty probably won't cover it.

Any "homemade" fixes? I tried rubbing it out but then some very faint gray gradient appeared at the

All of these "blemishes" are only visible on dark and light grey screens. Not black or white images.

dragonboydbboy
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Sounds like a dead pixel...
Since you are probably using Loki, your warranty is not void, as you have not unlocked the boot loader.
I'm not sure if LG would cover a dead pixel in their warranty (you would probably have to send it to them, since you are passed your 2 weeks)
I would recommend researching your options, and see if you can get a replacement from LG or maybe still from wherever you bought it.
You CAN restore to factory defaults, so that is not an issue you should be worried about... Just search xda a bit for how