7th February 2014, 04:06 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 23

336 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hi all,
Just had a quick question, as I am thinking about swapping carriers from AT&T (horrible customer service and technical support). I currently have the AT&T i747, but I am thinking about switching from AT&T to T-Mobile as they are now providing Unlimited Everything for $70 per month. My question is, if I unlock my i747 for T-Mobile, which section in XDA would I go for custom ROMS, Kernels, tools and utilities and such? Would I stay here since the hardware is AT&T or would I need to migrate to the T-Mobile forums? Thanks in advance for your assistance.
7th February 2014, 06:38 PM   |  #2  
Toronto
Thanks Meter: 633

2,748 posts
More
In order to enable high speed data on you i747, you'll need to enable AWS frequencies on your s3 and unlock it. You could continue to use d2att ROMs if the model # on your phone does not get changed by using the T-Mobile mod.
Last edited by audit13; 7th February 2014 at 07:11 PM.
7th February 2014, 07:02 PM   |  #3  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 778

2,355 posts
More
You can use either sections, but you need to stick with i747 modems and firmwares.. And if you want to take advantage of T-Mobile's WiFi calling then you need a T-Mobile ROM.. You may or may not have to do the AWS mod. if you live in a refarmed T-Mobile area, then you'll get 4g and 4g lte fine, if not, then you may only get lte with edge being a fall back if you don't do the mod.. I used an i747 with T-Mobile and luckily my area is refarmed so I had 4g and 4g lte with no mods needed

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
8th February 2014, 08:32 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 23

336 posts
Donate to Me
More
OK, so I switched to T-Mobile today and my Mobile data and WiFi are picking up only one bar. Do I need to flash or change a modem setting or something?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Last edited by jon_yarbrough; 8th February 2014 at 09:08 PM.
9th February 2014, 02:20 AM   |  #5  
Toronto
Thanks Meter: 633

2,748 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon_yarbrough

OK, so I switched to T-Mobile today and my Mobile data and WiFi are picking up only one bar. Do I need to flash or change a modem setting or something?

The modem should not affect the wi-fi performance but it will affect data performance.

This thread may help: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1771021
9th February 2014, 04:53 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 153

355 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon_yarbrough

Alot of people overlook the fact that T-Mobile uses which frequencies? Ones that are higher 1700+ mhz and someone like at&t uses 850+ the lower frequencies travel farther and penetrate walls and buildings. In my area if you get T-Mobile it os because you dont want to talk on the phone ever again...

Good luck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread