Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,372 Members 39,362 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q][Urgent]nik's project X rebirth issue

Tip us?
 
oziboy
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 189
Join Date: Jul 2013
Default [Q][Urgent]nik's project X rebirth issue

Hey everyone i have some weird issue on nik's project X rebirth ROM...
so the problem is, the power button, i can use it to boot up my phone, go to recovery, bootloader blahblah...
but once my phone is fully booted then the power button fails and stops working, doesnt respond at all, cant shut phone off with using power button and long pressing it is unresponsive also...
im doing screen lock/unlock with s2w+s2s and the volume rocker wake mod thingy... and i shut my phone off using 4ext recovery control...
can anyone help me with this? or does everyone have this issue with this ROM?
p.s. it ran very well for 1.5 day and then it failed (spent almost half a day tryna figure out why my phone's screen wouldnt unlock :d)
Retired: hTC Incredible S (Vivo)
Specs before selling:
ROM: BlackOut ROM
Kernel: Kangaroo Kernel R25
OC/UV: N/A
Current hTC One X+ (encr2b)
Specs:
ROM: ViperX+ (ahhh i missed Venomroms xD)
Kernel: Stock ViperX+ kernel
OC: N/A
UV: -50mA
 
poondog
Old
#2  
poondog's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 9321
Posts: 12,523
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by oziboy View Post
Hey everyone i have some weird issue on nik's project X rebirth ROM...
so the problem is, the power button, i can use it to boot up my phone, go to recovery, bootloader blahblah...
but once my phone is fully booted then the power button fails and stops working, doesnt respond at all, cant shut phone off with using power button and long pressing it is unresponsive also...
im doing screen lock/unlock with s2w+s2s and the volume rocker wake mod thingy... and i shut my phone off using 4ext recovery control...
can anyone help me with this? or does everyone have this issue with this ROM?
p.s. it ran very well for 1.5 day and then it failed (spent almost half a day tryna figure out why my phone's screen wouldnt unlock :d)
Try a different ROM.. on a full wipe. You change anything in the /system partition? Which kernel?
 
oziboy
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 189
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by poondog View Post
Try a different ROM.. on a full wipe. You change anything in the /system partition? Which kernel?
i changed flappy bird xD ok ok i use kangaroo kernel r11 or something, stock kernel that was already on it, ill flash another rom now
Retired: hTC Incredible S (Vivo)
Specs before selling:
ROM: BlackOut ROM
Kernel: Kangaroo Kernel R25
OC/UV: N/A
Current hTC One X+ (encr2b)
Specs:
ROM: ViperX+ (ahhh i missed Venomroms xD)
Kernel: Stock ViperX+ kernel
OC: N/A
UV: -50mA
 
DuffyBank
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 108
Join Date: Aug 2013
I used Rebirth for quite some time and had no problems. A great ROM. Use Kangaroo R25 and change the boot animation as Nik's built in one causes Sense to hang a bit while loading.
 
oziboy
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 189
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffyBank View Post
I used Rebirth for quite some time and had no problems. A great ROM. Use Kangaroo R25 and change the boot animation as Nik's built in one causes Sense to hang a bit while loading.
Hm i flashed another ROM now and my power button works...
ill wait till the next update of nik project X Rebirth...
also when i tried to use viper4android with kangaroo kernel r25 with niks project x rebirt my phone totally messed up and only worked after about 6 full wipes and flashes :/
anyways button is fixed thanks all
Retired: hTC Incredible S (Vivo)
Specs before selling:
ROM: BlackOut ROM
Kernel: Kangaroo Kernel R25
OC/UV: N/A
Current hTC One X+ (encr2b)
Specs:
ROM: ViperX+ (ahhh i missed Venomroms xD)
Kernel: Stock ViperX+ kernel
OC: N/A
UV: -50mA
 
LamboBull
Old
#6  
LamboBull's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 302
Posts: 1,095
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by oziboy View Post
Hm i flashed another ROM now and my power button works...
ill wait till the next update of nik project X Rebirth...
also when i tried to use viper4android with kangaroo kernel r25 with niks project x rebirt my phone totally messed up and only worked after about 6 full wipes and flashes :/
anyways button is fixed thanks all
I dont think we will be getting an update LOL.

He has moved onto the Nexus 5 iirc.

Sent from my Nexus 5
Current Phone: Google Nexus 5



Previous Phone: HTC Incredible S
 
DuffyBank
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 108
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by oziboy View Post
Hm i flashed another ROM now and my power button works...
ill wait till the next update of nik project X Rebirth...
also when i tried to use viper4android with kangaroo kernel r25 with niks project x rebirt my phone totally messed up and only worked after about 6 full wipes and flashes :/
anyways button is fixed thanks all
Don't hold your breath. Nik announced on his spacebook that he's moved on from our device.

The Following User Says Thank You to DuffyBank For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

LG G Watch Tool is a Toolkit all Owners Need

The LG G Watch is one of the first two devices hitting the market rocking the highly anticipated … more

Benchmark Your CPU Performance with Mini CPU Integer Script

When it comes to device testing, there are two types of people on XDA. The first … more

Rid Yourself of Charging Annoyances with No Wake on Charge Xposed Module

Almost every OEM has skinned and otherwise modifiedAndroid to suit … more