Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,458 Members 48,145 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] multiple samsung devices, new Note 10.1 (2014) apps not showing up?

Tip us?

iDontBuyApple
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] multiple samsung devices, new Note 10.1 (2014) apps not showing up?

I am new to the forums, so hello all and thank you in advance for any help. Here is my problem.

I have a Sprint Note 2 which I bought about 1 year ago. I have all my apps/purchases on that phone and everything works great. Couldn't be happier (unless i got to hammer an iPhone to pieces).

I just picked up a Note 10.1 2014 edition and went through the set up process. I used all of my 'common' answers so that I could sync my PC, phone and tablet. Here is where the trouble started.

Many of the apps said that they ran into errors when downloading. When I went into the store and searched for the app (using my 10.1), it said 'installed'. I have the option of opening the application from the store and everything works fine, but I cannot find the icon on my 10.1 so that I can put it on my homescreen.

Any ideas on why my apps say installed, but don't appear on my 10.1? Everything is fine on my Note 2!

dalamario
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Perhaps you need to restart your launcher or (better) restart your tablet.

marshwc
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by iDontBuyApple View Post
I am new to the forums, so hello all and thank you in advance for any help. Here is my problem.

I have a Sprint Note 2 which I bought about 1 year ago. I have all my apps/purchases on that phone and everything works great. Couldn't be happier (unless i got to hammer an iPhone to pieces).

I just picked up a Note 10.1 2014 edition and went through the set up process. I used all of my 'common' answers so that I could sync my PC, phone and tablet. Here is where the trouble started.

Many of the apps said that they ran into errors when downloading. When I went into the store and searched for the app (using my 10.1), it said 'installed'. I have the option of opening the application from the store and everything works fine, but I cannot find the icon on my 10.1 so that I can put it on my homescreen.

Any ideas on why my apps say installed, but don't appear on my 10.1? Everything is fine on my Note 2!
In the app drawer, a lot of the apps are grouped into folders. I had the same problems finding the G-Mail icon at first. Look at the Galaxy Plus, Google, and Samsung apps, and notice the little 'plate' they are sitting on. That is actually a folder. Touch that and it will open to show all the apps. Just spent an hour trying to find the calculator this morning

gamerdad09
Old
Thanks Meter 20
I had a similar experience, after the initial setup Google Play started installing a bunch of apps I had previously downloaded on various other devices. It got through about 10 and then had a ton of download failures in the notification bar. I'm not complaining I didn't want everything auto installing anyways, but it did happen to me as well.
Nexus 7 2013 FHD [Rooted Stock]