Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] L9 Won't Connect to USB

OP desertw0lf

2nd February 2014, 05:35 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I have an Optimus L9, which was working fine a month ago. I have made no changes to it, but now when I plug in to USB the options for connecting do not come up on the phone, and the PC doesn't recognize that it has been plugged in...However, it still charges fine.

I have:
Played with the USB options.
Turned "Ask on connect" on and off
Checked to make sure USB Debugging was off
Installed the latest LG drivers

Nothing, I cannot connect to USB to transfer files, and my phone doesn't recognize (with the popup four options) at all that a USB cable is plugged in besides charging fine.

I have googled and found no answers to my problem.. was hoping someone here might know.
2nd February 2014, 06:13 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertw0lf

I have an Optimus L9, which was working fine a month ago. I have made no changes to it, but now when I plug in to USB the options for connecting do not come up on the phone, and the PC doesn't recognize that it has been plugged in...However, it still charges fine.

I have:
Played with the USB options.
Turned "Ask on connect" on and off
Checked to make sure USB Debugging was off
Installed the latest LG drivers

Nothing, I cannot connect to USB to transfer files, and my phone doesn't recognize (with the popup four options) at all that a USB cable is plugged in besides charging fine.

I have googled and found no answers to my problem.. was hoping someone here might know.

I tried using another USB cable (my GF has the same phone) and nothing. Her phone pops up the options, so it appears the issue is with the phone itself... I guess a backup and restore are my only options?
3rd February 2014, 10:17 AM   |  #3  
Flag Eastpointe
Thanks Meter: 4

38 posts
Donate to Me
More
I have the same issue, and it was from clearing out the phone to reinstall 10d (metropcs), then upgrade to 10e...i cant get it to work.
7th February 2014, 03:24 PM   |  #4  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 17

75 posts
More
I just found 3 other people who had similar problems to this. Although most of them did something to make it unable to connect. Try Kuma's persist.img here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6#post49475336
The Following User Says Thank You to AlbinoCookie For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th February 2014, 06:53 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

3 posts
Cool engeering mode
Hello, my I was the same and so solve
1: enter engineer mode (dial 3845 # * 768 # or 3845 # * 769 # or 3845 # * 760 # depending on your phone model)
2: Option port setting
3: Select CP Reset
4: select pot again setting
5: cp usb

end

Sorry my english
The Following User Says Thank You to rezarpado For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread