Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,569 Members 44,192 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [SOLVED] What are "No Freeze Mode" and "Hyper Mode" in RAM EXPANDER

Tip us?

nightrobin
Old
(Last edited by nightrobin; 4th January 2014 at 11:48 AM.) Reason: already been solved
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Info 2 [Q] [SOLVED] What are "No Freeze Mode" and "Hyper Mode" in RAM EXPANDER

Good day,
I will just ask what is the No Freeze Mode and Hypermode in RAM EXPANDER (SWAP)?
And what it is for?
Thanks

nightrobin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightrobin View Post
Good day,
I will just ask what is the No Freeze Mode and Hypermode in RAM EXPANDER (SWAP)?
And what it is for?
Thanks
Hi Guys,
I just received an answer through email regarding my question from the developer of RAM EXPANDER itself.
They say that,

No Freeze Mode - Limits the optimization on some kernels which are not able to accept all kernel parameter. You should ONLY use if your device has STABILITY problems.

Hyper Mode - Closes all filehandles which are open in filesystem cache to give more free ram after some files was opened. Useful when you have LOW PHYSICAL memory.

Thanks and credits to ROEHSOFT SUPPORT
The Following User Says Thank You to nightrobin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ghassan haddad
Old
Thanks Meter 3
i feel i should thank the developer for this amazing software , i recently bought a Samsung note3 , i didn't realize it was chinese clone until too late , it says ram is 2gb , while i found out that real amount is 467 mb !
to make long story short , instead of throwing the mobile away i installed this software to extend the RAM , and the difference was remarkable , with only 512 extended memory in the external sd card , the speed was amazing and i was able to install as much applications as i wished , what made my loss minimum .