Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,756 Members 41,034 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Battery drained to zero when mobile switched off

Tip us?

chinmay.garg
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Battery drained to zero when mobile switched off

I received my Moto G on 8th Feb (Saturday). I opened the packet at night. After checking everything, plugged the charger and Moto G came to life. Battery level showed 55%, which was unusual. Not sure how can this phone show 55% charging just after coming out of the box!!!??

Then I let it charge for 2-3 hours before turning it ON. When batter charging showed 100%, i removed the charger and switched on the phone.

I then enjoyed the UI of phone for about an hour and then switched it off. Then during afternoon when i tried to turn it on (as it was already charged at night), it showed no signs of life. I then connected my charger and was kinda annoyed to see that battery level is showing 0%.

Do anyone has any idea why & how is this happening?

doctor_droid
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1726
Its a known bug when newly launched in brazil ..most of the people had the same complaint. .check the older threads in general and troubleshooting.

Seems like indian handsets come with this bug too.. nothing serious but still annoying ...
Nokia 1100 > Nokia 6600 > Nokia N72 > Nokia n95 > Nokia N86 > Htc Touch > Xperia U > Galaxy S2Plus > Galaxy S2 > Galaxy Grand Duos > NEXUS 5

Feel FREE to pm me in case u need technical support (not developer level ) or want any suggestion.

chinmay.garg
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for reply.

I gained awareness from a friend that this is something called Battery Calibration. When it showed me 55% initially, it might actually be very less and when it showed 100% in 2 hrs, it might be still very less in actual. I might have used all that very less charging and when switched off, it used up the left over even less battery.

I think if anyone else too faced this problem, it must only be in initial days. I am just hoping that i don't face this problem again.

Anyone body has any view over this, plz feel free to share.

Thanks.