Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,174 Members 36,062 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

help with twrp

Tip us?

fuzzylax
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzylax View Post
so i still have know idea what is going on with this.I dl the miniadb from drop box [thanks for that by the way] extracted to new folder called adb dropped and dragged file openrecovery-twrp-2.5.0.0-m7 to the adb folder,held down shift and got into cmd typed in fastboot erase cache and hit enter it shows that it wrote it ,then I typed fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.5.0.0-m7 add the .img to the end hit enter and says every thing went ok.so I unplug cable hit power button went into recovery hit power button again.it shows that it is going into recovery then just goes to splash screen and boots normal.I have usb debug checked,S is off and says unlocked.So im stumped hopefully you will see what im doing wrong with my procedure..thanks again for the info you have have given me so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmlusco View Post
That is the wrong recovery for this phone. Use this one http://flyhalf205.com/getdownload.ph....3.4-m7vzw.img from the post above by brholt6. Also make sure you do the fastboot erase cache command before flashing the recovery. And yes there should be spaces.
Code:
fastboot erase cache
Then
Code:
fastboot flash recovery name_of_recovery.img
Dude you rock!!!! I know when i was using my s4 that the twrp worked best for that phone.Cant belive thats all it was.so just to make sure,I need to flash su then I should do backup of stock image just in case something goes wrong.So my next questions is do i nedd to do anything elese to flash kitkat rom on phone like flash differnt radio or anything?again thank you for your time and all the info you have provided.

cmlusco
Old
Thanks Meter 922

DONATE TO ME
Yes, flash su and then do a backup. If you use a kk rom you should flash kk 3.11.605.1 firmware.
Sent From My HTC One (M7WLV) S-OFF Rooted
Hboot: 1.56.0000 (Unlocked)
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.4
Baseband: 1.13.41.0109_2
Kernel: ElementalX 13.5
PRL: 15287
Rom: Stock OTA 3.11.605.1

VZW HTC One Files - VZW1FILES.DYNDNS.ORG

HTC Incredible Files - DINC.DOES-IT.NET
The Following User Says Thank You to cmlusco For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fuzzylax
Old
(Last edited by fuzzylax; 9th February 2014 at 07:43 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
perfect got it goin think its starting to come back to me doing the htc...lets hope