9th February 2014, 09:45 AM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Flag lacrosse, Wisconsin
Thanks Meter: 19

158 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzylax

so i still have know idea what is going on with this.I dl the miniadb from drop box [thanks for that by the way] extracted to new folder called adb dropped and dragged file openrecovery-twrp-2.5.0.0-m7 to the adb folder,held down shift and got into cmd typed in fastboot erase cache and hit enter it shows that it wrote it ,then I typed fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.5.0.0-m7 add the .img to the end hit enter and says every thing went ok.so I unplug cable hit power button went into recovery hit power button again.it shows that it is going into recovery then just goes to splash screen and boots normal.I have usb debug checked,S is off and says unlocked.So im stumped hopefully you will see what im doing wrong with my procedure..thanks again for the info you have have given me so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmlusco

That is the wrong recovery for this phone. Use this one http://flyhalf205.com/getdownload.ph....3.4-m7vzw.img from the post above by brholt6. Also make sure you do the fastboot erase cache command before flashing the recovery. And yes there should be spaces.

Code:
fastboot erase cache
Then
Code:
fastboot flash recovery name_of_recovery.img

Dude you rock!!!! I know when i was using my s4 that the twrp worked best for that phone.Cant belive thats all it was.so just to make sure,I need to flash su then I should do backup of stock image just in case something goes wrong.So my next questions is do i nedd to do anything elese to flash kitkat rom on phone like flash differnt radio or anything?again thank you for your time and all the info you have provided.
9th February 2014, 04:50 PM   |  #12  
Flag Michigan City, IN
Thanks Meter: 930

3,146 posts
Donate to Me
More
Yes, flash su and then do a backup. If you use a kk rom you should flash kk 3.11.605.1 firmware.
The Following User Says Thank You to cmlusco For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th February 2014, 07:43 PM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member
Flag lacrosse, Wisconsin
Thanks Meter: 19

158 posts
More
perfect got it goin think its starting to come back to me doing the htc...lets hope
Last edited by fuzzylax; 9th February 2014 at 08:43 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread