XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Im surprised there is'nt ALOT more Custom Roms for the Tab 3 T211

Tip us?

LowaEastSide
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 68
Default Im surprised there is'nt ALOT more Custom Roms for the Tab 3 T211

Im honestly surprised there is'nt more Custom Roms available for the Galaxy Tab 3 T211, for instance, Roms like Miui, C.M 10.2, AOKP, PACMAN, or even a Touch Wiz 4.3 Updated jump Off to run flawlessly on the Tab 3 T211. Im like really Baffled over here wondering whats going on, this is a great lil device , however this stock 4.1.2 SUCKs. Please, we need a great developer to cook up something RAW for us to Flash. Thanks for listening....
Retired: But keeping Because its a Classic ------>>>> G1, (Sold) G2, (Sold) My Touch, (Sold) HD 2, (Sold) HD 7, (Gave to my sister) Galaxy Tab P1000, (Sold) HP TouchPad, (Sold) Galaxy S2, (Sold) Galaxy S3, (Sold) Galaxy S4, (Sold) International Galaxy Tab 3 7' (T211), (Gave to my Wife) Note 2, & Present Devices are the WONDERFUL ------->>>>> Note 3 & International Galaxy Tab 3 8" (T311)...

Luchiano02

andynroid
Old
Thanks Meter 375

DONATE TO ME
Patience Dude...just a matter of time.....

Sent from my SM-T211 using xda premium
Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Rooted And Tweaked

Nodali
Old
Thanks Meter 25
I really hope for someone will make it soon. I can't do it myself, I don't understand the program language.

So, for you developer, thanks b4. Maybe you can spent your time to make a CM with very2 updated Android sistem (maybe 4.4).

Sent from my SM-T211 using Tapatalk
Just say and press THANKS

LowaEastSide
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 68
Talking Hey A, You just gave me hope..!!

I honestly hope your Right Buddy, cause from what i see in the forum theres only literally only 2 Custom Roms, Dont get me wrong i TRULY appreciate ALL Devs in this Forum and XDA as a whole, But i definitely dont know how to even start cooking up a Custom Rom, however if ANY devs would need any help with anything simple i always available and willing to assist. Now could it be there isnt many Roms for the T211 cause its fairly new, about how old it is already 6 months old..?? Cause thats a bit of time already. well i hope your right buddy, cant wait to have at least 1 sick rom with UNRESTRICTED TETHERING... I WISH ALL THE BEST TO ALL Devs and everyone as a whole in XDA..

Quote:
Originally Posted by andynroid View Post
Patience Dude...just a matter of time.....

Sent from my SM-T211 using xda premium
Retired: But keeping Because its a Classic ------>>>> G1, (Sold) G2, (Sold) My Touch, (Sold) HD 2, (Sold) HD 7, (Gave to my sister) Galaxy Tab P1000, (Sold) HP TouchPad, (Sold) Galaxy S2, (Sold) Galaxy S3, (Sold) Galaxy S4, (Sold) International Galaxy Tab 3 7' (T211), (Gave to my Wife) Note 2, & Present Devices are the WONDERFUL ------->>>>> Note 3 & International Galaxy Tab 3 8" (T311)...

Luchiano02
The Following User Says Thank You to LowaEastSide For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

andynroid
Old
(Last edited by andynroid; 26th January 2014 at 08:11 AM.)
Thanks Meter 375

DONATE TO ME
We are here to help one another- Let us work hand in hand in helping to get this device to work as great as possible. Honestly speaking this device may be lagging at times....but this can be resolved by Kernel revamp plus tweaks like :

- Scorpion Bionic Optimisation
- Neon script

My setup to be honest :

Stock ROM..Rooted
Crossbeeder Tweak

So far have not removed any bloatware yet and with the above setup my Antutu (full test) score is on my SM-T211
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1390722267325.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	7.5 KB
ID:	2539740  
Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Rooted And Tweaked

bmatney
Old
Thanks Meter 13
It'll be worth the wait. My phone is a Motorola Atrix HD. It was released August 2012 and didn't get any real development until the bootloader was unlocked in April of 2013. Since then it has most all of the major ROM's on 4.4.2. Everyone kept saying the same thing about this time last year. Just stick it out.

Sent from my SM-T210R using xda app-developers app

LowaEastSide
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 68
Default Totally Understand your dilemma..

Hey B, the deference with the the Galaxy Tab is there no BootLoader holding back the development. i honestly think no big development is acquiring because of the hardware, its not much to brag about, its only a Dual core, i think thats the problem, and with this stock System its really laggy, well for me it is, cause i have the note 2 as well. Anyway i will be here patiently waiting cause in really loving this device, once it get some steroids then ill love it even more. Thanksss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmatney View Post
It'll be worth the wait. My phone is a Motorola Atrix HD. It was released August 2012 and didn't get any real development until the bootloader was unlocked in April of 2013. Since then it has most all of the major ROM's on 4.4.2. Everyone kept saying the same thing about this time last year. Just stick it out.

Sent from my SM-T210R using xda app-developers app

Luchiano02

LowaEastSide
Old
(Last edited by LowaEastSide; 27th January 2014 at 01:48 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 68
Talking I Have Great Newzzzz

Ill like to start off by saying and giving a HUGE thanks to ''TrevE-MOD'' for his Wifi Tether Hack, I downloaded his apk and started messing with it and then actually got it to work... Any one interested in getting it to work on there Galaxy Tab 3 this is the apk you need to find (I found it in the search all Forums on the top right corner of this page), ''wifi_tether-v3_3-pre2 apk". Once thats downloaded press the menu botton on the botton left side of the Tab 3, then press settings, go to and Click on ''Change Device-profile", then scrool down and tap on Samsung S3, then Click on ''Chanse SetUp-Method" then press "Netd-Ndc (master), then Check on "Wifi-driver reload", thats all it takes, ENJOY..!! Your going to see other options Checked, leave it as is, as for "Wifi-Encryption" you can click that on and set up a Name and password, i did... Hope this is use full. Again i will like to THANK TevE for this GREAT hack, i had it running on my Note 2 As well. Works GREATTTTT>>>!!!!!!!!

Luchiano02

hamed...
Old
Thanks Meter 6
t211 was forgoten

beejmeister
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by luchiano02@gmail.com View Post
Ill like to start off by saying and giving a HUGE thanks to ''TrevE-MOD'' for his Wifi Tether Hack, I downloaded his apk and started messing with it and then actually got it to work... Any one interested in getting it to work on there Galaxy Tab 3 this is the apk you need to find (I found it in the search all Forums on the top right corner of this page), ''wifi_tether-v3_3-pre2 apk". Once thats downloaded press the menu botton on the botton left side of the Tab 3, then press settings, go to and Click on ''Change Device-profile", then scrool down and tap on Samsung S3, then Click on ''Chanse SetUp-Method" then press "Netd-Ndc (master), then Check on "Wifi-driver reload", thats all it takes, ENJOY..!! Your going to see other options Checked, leave it as is, as for "Wifi-Encryption" you can click that on and set up a Name and password, i did... Hope this is use full. Again i will like to THANK TevE for this GREAT hack, i had it running on my Note 2 As well. Works GREATTTTT>>>!!!!!!!!
So to make sure that I understand what you are saying... I could, instead of having a Wi-Fi Hot Spot from Sprint, have a Tab 3 from Sprint with a data plan, install this, and then be able to use this tablet as a Hot Spot? I currently use my Note 3 (that has unlimited data) but there are times I'd rather have the Hot Spot (or this tablet) as how I connect my laptop to the internet (Like when 4G isn't available and using the Note on 3G basically disables the ability to do phone and data simultaneously).

I don't use the Hot Spot very much so I could probably do this with a limited data plan on the tablet and get away with it.

Anyway. Too long of a post to simply ask if this allows tethering of a Laptop to the Tab 3 for the laptop to use the Tab 3's data plan.

Thanks!
Beejmeister
Sprint
Some ancient Flip-Phone or something > PPC6600 > PPC6700 > PPC Mogul > Touch Pro > Touch Pro 2 > Samsung EPIC Galaxy S > EPIC Galaxy SII 4G TOUCH > Galaxy SIII > Galaxy Note II > Galaxy Note 3
ROM: Galaxy Note fre3 Hybrid De[Odex] v2.0beta5
ASUS TF300T Quad-Core Tablet with Keyboard
and now.... ANXIOUSLY AWAITING my Omate TRUESMART.... coming to a wrist on me in October December 2013 Someday!!!