Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,490 Members 40,710 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Would you by an S4 again?

Tip us?

len_smith
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default Would you by an S4 again?

I am on an original Galaxy Note and will be ready for an upgrade in a few months. I am looking at the S4, among others. I am leary of getting another Samsung device only to have Sammy abandon it for its successor, leaving owners in the lunch. I was an early adopter of the Note and now, 19 months on we have the Note 3 out and Sammy stopped supporting upgrades on the original Note not long after the device was just a year old.

My question is....knowing what you know today, would you buy another S4? If so, why? If you wouldn't, what bothers you most?

What would you buy in place of the S4?

Thanks to you all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

len_smith
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Lurch. Not lunch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

HiTideBlastoise
Old
Thanks Meter 31
At this point, I would not, you'd have a locked bootloader and an older phone. I'd probably get a nexus 5.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

damnmachine
Old
Thanks Meter 1
You may as well wait and see what the S5 offers. The launch might coincide with your upgrade timeline anyways. Aside from that, I also came from an O.G. Note to the S4. While I do love it, I kinda wish I had gone with a Note 3. I was spoiled by the larger screen. :-$ And yes, locked bootloader does suck. Really limits development. And we are coming up on a year that this phone has been on the market.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

eachitandi
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I just upgraded from the skyrocket to the S4 a week ago and I'm not disappointed at all. I was lucky that it came with the MDL build do it was easy to root and get TWRP flashed as recovery. I installed the Xposed framework and a module to enable "hold back to kill" feature as well as a couple others that I like. I actually think I'm done modding the phone now, it does everything I want it to do.
Do would I do it again...absolutely!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Naddict
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 13601
There is an off topic thread for this type of stuff...http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2433789
Every time you don't use search, a kitten, bunny, baby turtle, and fuzzy Harp Seal are killed.

Read the Rules! -- Search Before You Post! -- Learn about XDA -- Need A Moderators Help? -- Get the Most out of XDA! -- Curious about GPL?
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe