xRodneyx
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Mobile Odin wouldn't boot into Recovery

My phone S4 sprint
newest cyanogenmod 11 nightlies

So heres the problem

phone started off not making or receiving calls which was weird because i still go data 4g LTE... so i read somewhere that i have to go back to stock and update my PRL or something...im not sure whats its called but i would know what to do once I'm on the stock rom... but anyway thats not the main problem anymore. my main problem is when i tried to go back to stock with mobile odin my device did go to the last step that odin need to do it , which was to boot back up in stock recovery... so now my phone doesn't not boot at all.. I'm only able to get in in download mode i really need phone i tried taking it to to the sprint they are trying to say its water damaged which i know its not

Maybe its because i was on android 4.4. and i was try to go down to stock 4.2 or what it is

daniel4653
Old
Thanks Meter 2340
If you can get into download mode, go to a PC download the tar file and Odin it through your computer.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Team Kernelizers: Making the best out of your phone

xRodneyx
Old
(Last edited by xRodneyx; 8th February 2014 at 05:17 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
/
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel4653 View Post
If you can get into download mode, go to a PC download the tar file and Odin it through your computer.

What's the correct tar flie that I need to download because I'm unsure of which one

daniel4653
Old
Thanks Meter 2340
Quote:
Originally Posted by xRodneyx View Post
/

What's the correct tar flie that I need to download because I'm unsure of which one
Depends on what you were on before, mf9, mja, or mk2?
Do you have knox?,

Team Kernelizers: Making the best out of your phone

xRodneyx
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel4653 View Post
Depends on what you were on before, mf9, mja, or mk2?
Do you have knox?,

I have no clue, all i know is that i was running cyanogenmod 11

cruise350
Old
Thanks Meter 557
Boot your phone into download mode, look at the lines of text in the top left corner. If you see anything that mentions knox warranty then you were on MJA or MK2 and need to download either of those tar files, If you don't see anything that mentions knox warranty then you were on MF9 or older and you can download the MF9 tar to avoid the knox bootloader. If you do need the MK2 tar, here is the best download of the tar: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2601443
Phones & Tablets: Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 8", Evo 4g LTE, Evo 3D, Acer Iconia A500, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Ipad 2, Nabi 2,

Rom: Rooted Stock Odexed, Hotspot Mod, Xposed, Wanum
Firmware: NAE
Kernel: Stock
TWRP: 2.6.3.0

The Following User Says Thank You to cruise350 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AceKing721
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise350 View Post
Boot your phone into download mode, look at the lines of text in the top left corner. If you see anything that mentions knox warranty then you were on MJA or MK2 and need to download either of those tar files, If you don't see anything that mentions knox warranty then you were on MF9 or older and you can download the MF9 tar to avoid the knox bootloader. If you do need the MK2 tar, here is the best download of the tar: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2601443
Thanks, I was able to help my friend with his phone.

xRodneyx
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks everyone I all I need todo was download MJA. Tar and it worked

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app