[Q] Somethings about Xperia L before buy it

Search This thread

Don Luciano

Aug 15, 2013
La Paz
Hi buddies, I´m still searching a good Android smartphone to replace my old Live Walkman. I´m looking for a mid range phone to use everyday, I´m taking so seriously the Xperia L, but I have some questions before buy it:
Can you tell me your Xperiance (jajaja) :D with the L? Tell me about bugs, sound, camera, screen, battery and performance. I´m coming to Xperia L family from the Live Walkman.
What´s the difference between C2104 and C2105 models :confused: ? Who´s the best one, or the universal one? Take the example between WT19a and WT19i models (Live Walkman). In my country only the Chilean models are aviable.
Some things I may consider to use this smartphone?
The Xperia L supports a San Disk 16 GB class 4 microSD :fingers-crossed:? Have you used it? I know it supports ´til 32 GB, but I heard about problems with 16 GB cards (like songs bug)
The Xperia L supports 64 GB cards?
How will I know if my bootloader is unlockable?
Thanks in advance, I´m totally a noob :(
Sorry for my poor English if you find any mistake :eek:

hexr96

Oct 15, 2013
www.facebook.com
Fairly speaking, the newer Moto G looked like a better deal to me, but I'm really happy with XL :)
Bugs : The newest update (.14) removed most of them, I can't seem the notice the reported ones too.
Experience : From the first day onwards, the phone felt amazing, coming from a mtk chipset. Sound is loud, earphones are amazing (but some like nokia are incompatible due to different standards), the camera I was happy with from day one, no idea why everybody was complaining, but the night shots were terrible, which eventually got fixed. The screen is sometimes too bright, when reading at night, and is ample during the day. The battery, on normal usage (1hr dead trigger 2, an hour or so of calls, constant 3G, messaging) lasts around 18-20 hours easily from 100%. Performance? COME ON! It can take any damn game, dead trigger 2, asphalt 8, without any noticeable lags.
There's no real difference except the baseband I think. I have the c2104 model and it gave the same benchmarks as the c2105 so not much of a difference i'd say.
I have a 16GB microsd class 4 and it works beautifully. No bugs whatsoever.
No, XL does not support 64 gb sd but considering that even 16gb is sometimes too much for me, I'd say im okay with it :)
To know if the bootloader is unlockable, enter *#*#7378423#*#* in the dialer, it takes you to the service details (if i recall correctly)
Please do not forget to thank! I'm a newbie too, its okay :)

Hi buddies, I´m still searching a good Android smartphone to replace my old Live Walkman. I´m looking for a mid range phone to use everyday, I´m taking so seriously the Xperia L, but I have some questions before buy it:
Can you tell me your Xperiance (jajaja) :D with the L? Tell me about bugs, sound, camera, screen, battery and performance. I´m coming to Xperia L family from the Live Walkman.
What´s the difference between C2104 and C2105 models :confused: ? Who´s the best one, or the universal one? Take the example between WT19a and WT19i models (Live Walkman). In my country only the Chilean models are aviable.
The Xperia L supports a San Disk 16 GB class 4 microSD :fingers-crossed:? Have you used it? I know it supports ´til 32 GB, but I heard about problems with 16 GB cards (like songs bug)

ShinOrochiX

Mar 7, 2012
London
I can give you good, useful advice. I also used the Live with Walkman before the Xperia L and my brother has the Moto G which I have tested. Below I have given a comparison...

Xperia L vs Live with Walkman

- Live with Walkman: better screen sensitivity.
- Live with Walkman: better front facing camera.
- Live with Walkman: louder (stereo speakers).

- Xperia L is better in every other way, better specs, newer android version, better design (imo) etc...

Xperia L vs Moto G

- Moto G: faster/better processing power.
- Moto G: nearly AOSP experience, very fast/fluid.
- Moto G: android 4.4/Kit-Kat.
- Moto G: cheaper!

- Xperia L: better design.
- Xperia L: better rear camera (not front, front camera on Xperia L is awful).
- Xperia L: sony features (media apps, launcher, themes etc...)

Verdict

Go for the Moto G, unless your getting the Xperia L cheap (like I did :D ), the Moto G will do you better in the long run. :)

Reactions: Don Luciano

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fairly speaking, the newer Moto G looked like a better deal to me, but I'm really happy with XL :)
    Bugs : The newest update (.14) removed most of them, I can't seem the notice the reported ones too.
    Experience : From the first day onwards, the phone felt amazing, coming from a mtk chipset. Sound is loud, earphones are amazing (but some like nokia are incompatible due to different standards), the camera I was happy with from day one, no idea why everybody was complaining, but the night shots were terrible, which eventually got fixed. The screen is sometimes too bright, when reading at night, and is ample during the day. The battery, on normal usage (1hr dead trigger 2, an hour or so of calls, constant 3G, messaging) lasts around 18-20 hours easily from 100%. Performance? COME ON! It can take any damn game, dead trigger 2, asphalt 8, without any noticeable lags.
    There's no real difference except the baseband I think. I have the c2104 model and it gave the same benchmarks as the c2105 so not much of a difference i'd say.
    I have a 16GB microsd class 4 and it works beautifully. No bugs whatsoever.
    No, XL does not support 64 gb sd but considering that even 16gb is sometimes too much for me, I'd say im okay with it :)
    To know if the bootloader is unlockable, enter *#*#7378423#*#* in the dialer, it takes you to the service details (if i recall correctly)
    Please do not forget to thank! I'm a newbie too, its okay :)

I can give you good, useful advice. I also used the Live with Walkman before the Xperia L and my brother has the Moto G which I have tested. Below I have given a comparison...

Xperia L vs Live with Walkman

- Live with Walkman: better screen sensitivity.
    - Live with Walkman: better front facing camera.
    - Live with Walkman: louder (stereo speakers).

- Xperia L is better in every other way, better specs, newer android version, better design (imo) etc...

Xperia L vs Moto G

- Moto G: faster/better processing power.
    - Moto G: nearly AOSP experience, very fast/fluid.
    - Moto G: android 4.4/Kit-Kat.
    - Moto G: cheaper!

- Xperia L: better design.
    - Xperia L: better rear camera (not front, front camera on Xperia L is awful).
    - Xperia L: sony features (media apps, launcher, themes etc...)

Verdict

Go for the Moto G, unless your getting the Xperia L cheap (like I did :D ), the Moto G will do you better in the long run. :)