5,600,335 Members 35,056 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

GPS not working Note 2

Tip us?

AndroidSon
Old
(Last edited by AndroidSon; 1st February 2014 at 05:55 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default GPS not working Note 2

Very good rom but had some few let downs at crucial times due to which, I got ripped off few dollars because cab driver used the longer way to the destination which I could've know if the gps worked. Anyways, does anyone know a fix to it? Because I've flashed the latest nightly and the problem is still there. Only works on high accuracy mode with wifi.

Edit: Device info: SGH-i317m, 4.3 bootloader.

UtkarshGupta
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2852
If you want to use GPS for navigation, then it will not work property with battery mode. You need to have high accuracy to have effective GPS. Battery mode is just for apps to use as a reference not for navigation.
If you have set it to high, then WiFi on/off doesn't matter.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

AndroidSon
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtkarshGupta View Post
If you want to use GPS for navigation, then it will not work property with battery mode. You need to have high accuracy to have effective GPS. Battery mode is just for apps to use as a reference not for navigation.
If you have set it to high, then WiFi on/off doesn't matter.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
It's not working either on Battery save mode, high accuracy mode without a wifi, even though I have data and navigation.

Postal Psycho
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidSon View Post
It's not working either on Battery save mode, high accuracy mode without a wifi, even though I have data and navigation.
i had gps problems due to flashing between 4.3 and 4.1 roms, so i solved it by flashing stock 4.1.1 tmobile(my note2 is tmobile t889) rom uvall4 and baseband uvall4 and dialing the gpsclrx samsung secret dialer code(google it). after doing this, i restored my nandroid and gps is still working perfectly.