Ask a question

No registration required

GPS not working Note 2

OP AndroidSon

1st February 2014, 06:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7

41 posts
Very good rom but had some few let downs at crucial times due to which, I got ripped off few dollars because cab driver used the longer way to the destination which I could've know if the gps worked. Anyways, does anyone know a fix to it? Because I've flashed the latest nightly and the problem is still there. Only works on high accuracy mode with wifi.

Edit: Device info: SGH-i317m, 4.3 bootloader.
Last edited by AndroidSon; 1st February 2014 at 06:55 PM.
1st February 2014, 06:55 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 3,723

4,344 posts
More
If you want to use GPS for navigation, then it will not work property with battery mode. You need to have high accuracy to have effective GPS. Battery mode is just for apps to use as a reference not for navigation.
If you have set it to high, then WiFi on/off doesn't matter.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
1st February 2014, 06:58 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7

41 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtkarshGupta

If you want to use GPS for navigation, then it will not work property with battery mode. You need to have high accuracy to have effective GPS. Battery mode is just for apps to use as a reference not for navigation.
If you have set it to high, then WiFi on/off doesn't matter.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

It's not working either on Battery save mode, high accuracy mode without a wifi, even though I have data and navigation.
10th February 2014, 12:09 AM   |  #4  
Flag 91402
Thanks Meter: 32

290 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidSon

It's not working either on Battery save mode, high accuracy mode without a wifi, even though I have data and navigation.

i had gps problems due to flashing between 4.3 and 4.1 roms, so i solved it by flashing stock 4.1.1 tmobile(my note2 is tmobile t889) rom uvall4 and baseband uvall4 and dialing the gpsclrx samsung secret dialer code(google it). after doing this, i restored my nandroid and gps is still working perfectly.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread