Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,209 Members 36,740 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] There Has GOT to be a Way...Convert Samsung Movies

Tip us?

monicakm
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] There Has GOT to be a Way...Convert Samsung Movies

I first purchased the GN/2014 Edition in the 16GB version. After finding out about the external SD limitations, I upgraded to the 32GB version. However, I would still much rather save my hdd drive space by putting movies on the SD card (preferably in a format my BluRay player can play read them but it not, I don't care what format it is as long as I can find, convert and move movies to the external SD card. I've been around long enough to know practically everything can be found (no matter how deep it's buried) and converted to a more user friend format.
So can anyone here direct me to where I can find the movie files and a converter that can make them playable outside the tablet
Thank you!
Monica

dt33
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Open My Files - Settings - Check Show Hidden Files - browse to .samsungmediahub (or videohub something) - contents and move downloaded movies to extsdcard..
The movies can only play with the device, since its DRM protected and can use MHL 2.0 adapter/allsharecast hub to play up to TV.

How to convert and remove DRM, that I dont have a clue. Have never heard about .pvy format until today. Maybe someone else can answer that.

monicakm
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dt33 View Post
Open My Files - Settings - Check Show Hidden Files - browse to .samsungmediahub (or videohub something) - contents and move downloaded movies to extsdcard..
The movies can only play with the device, since its DRM protected and can use MHL 2.0 adapter/allsharecast hub to play up to TV.

How to convert and remove DRM, that I dont have a clue. Have never heard about .pvy format until today. Maybe someone else can answer that.
Thank YOU! I just knew it could be done. If nothing else I've got them off the internal storage and onto the external SD card AND I can store them on my backed up desktop computer.

Does anyone know of a DRM ripper and converter for pvy format. I've been looking but all my hits are misses