Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

How to unroot a nook hd 9inch tablet back to nook os, currently has android

OP engineersajd

4th February 2014, 02:22 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I am hoping someone knows how to unroot a Nook HD 9inch tablet. It currently has android on the device.

Thanks in advance
4th February 2014, 04:52 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,701

8,427 posts
Donate to Me
More
Go to my HD/HD+ CWM thread linked in my signature and make a bootable CWM SD per item 1a and use that to flash the plain stock zip from item 6. Follow that with a factory reset by CWM and everything will be back to unrooted stock.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
9th February 2014, 10:32 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 46

343 posts
Unrooted and stuck in 99% Complete Boot With Stock
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar

Go to my HD/HD+ CWM thread linked in my signature and make a bootable CWM SD per item 1a and use that to flash the plain stock zip from item 6. Follow that with a factory reset by CWM and everything will be back to unrooted stock.

I followed your instructions from the previous post which were relatively easy and all went well until it booted up and started reinstalling and it is now stuck at 99% and I can't even shut it down. Suggestions?

UPDATE: Actually, I got it to shut down but it always hangs at 99%. Any suggestions?
Last edited by jfenton57; 9th February 2014 at 10:37 PM.
9th February 2014, 10:42 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor

8,427 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfenton57

I followed your instructions from the previous post which were relatively easy and all went well until it booted up and started reinstalling and it is now stuck at 99% and I can't even shut it down. Suggestions?

UPDATE: Actually, I got it to shut down but it always hangs at 99%. Any suggestions?

Did you do the factory reset with CWM?

9th February 2014, 11:13 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 46

343 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar

Did you do the factory reset with CWM?

I did.

I have just formatted my micro SD and the partition is set to ACTIVE.

I am however getting lost in your instructions where it discusses downloading the RAR file and extracting 5 files to create a bootable CWM card.

I can't for the life of me find those files? I am probably just missing something simple but if you could point me to them I would be grateful. This is for an HD+9".

Thanks,
10th February 2014, 12:51 AM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor

8,427 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfenton57

I did.

I have just formatted my micro SD and the partition is set to ACTIVE.

I am however getting lost in your instructions where it discusses downloading the RAR file and extracting 5 files to create a bootable CWM card.

I can't for the life of me find those files? I am probably just missing something simple but if you could point me to them I would be grateful. This is for an HD+9".

Thanks,

If you look at the files I have listed, one has the name BOOTFILES in the name and ends in .rar, which is a compressed archive file (like a zip is). You probably have your PC set to hide that extension when it gets put on your PC. In any case you need to extract the files that are archived in that rar file. I think the newer Windows knows how to extract those, but you may need special software to do it.

But you have me confused. How did you flash the stock zip and factory reset if you could not figure out how to make the CWM SD?

Last edited by leapinlar; 10th February 2014 at 12:54 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread