Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Help! HTC One S ROM RUU

OP fyrcap100

10th February 2014, 01:14 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Okay, where do I start. First, I have an HTC One S (S4) that is/was locked to Cincinnati Bell. The Cincinnati Bell ROM is version 1.84.422.6. The phone is a GSM. I have successfully removed the SP lock, unlocked the bootloader and upgraded the to TWRP 2.1.6. I also have superCID (11111111) and have installed superSU.

Now for my problem. I am switching from Cincinnati Bell and going to T-Mobile here in the USA. I have a T-Mobile US RUU that is version 1.84.531.2. I have attempted to install the new ROM via RUU numerous times and continually receive a 155 error. From what I can tell the RUU is unable to overwrite the current OS. As a matter of fact... I have tried to rename and change permissions on some of the files located in/around root and am unable to do so. I receive a message that indicates the system is Read-Only. I'm assuming this is related to the 155 error that I keep receiving.

I have also noted that the phone is S-on, which I believe might be causing my trouble as well. I downloaded and ran rumrunner in an attempt to gain S-off. Rumrunner went through it's gyrations but was unable to gain S-off.

So... does anyone have any ideas as to how I can:
1) Obtain S-off
2) Install the T-Mobile ROM (possibly through an image (.img) file or other method)

I have searched the web over for a valid T-Mobile image file but have yet to find one. Otherwise, I would have attempted that too by now, Needless to say I'm frustrated at best.

RESOLVED...
I stumbled upon a discussion re: facepalm and the ability to obtain s-off. I followed the facepalm procedure, obtained s-off and the ROM installed without a hitch.
Last edited by fyrcap100; 10th February 2014 at 02:26 PM. Reason: RESOLVED
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread