FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

[Q] Flashing Custom ROMS - Flashed to PagePlus

81 posts
Thanks Meter: 13
 
By vizion98, Member on 17th January 2014, 12:02 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hey Everyone!

Ok, so just over 3 weeks ago I had my S3 flashed to PagePlus because I thought I was in a little over my head to attempt on my own. 2 days ago I was under the impression flashing and interchanging between roms was safe. I rooted, installed TWRP, and flashed CM11. I broke my flash and I believe it was because I wiped. I reverted back to JB 4.1.2 from my Nandroid backup and my flash was still broke. Can someone please tell me if I should only wipe Dalvik, or what I should do so I don't break my flash again. At $40-50 it gets very expensive to continue re-flashing to PP. If there is only certain roms to flash could you please list them? Thanks in advanced everybody!

-vizion
 
 
17th January 2014, 05:35 PM |#2  
buhohitr's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,652
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vizion98

Hey Everyone!

Ok, so just over 3 weeks ago I had my S3 flashed to PagePlus because I thought I was in a little over my head to attempt on my own. 2 days ago I was under the impression flashing and interchanging between roms was safe. I rooted, installed TWRP, and flashed CM11. I broke my flash and I believe it was because I wiped. I reverted back to JB 4.1.2 from my Nandroid backup and my flash was still broke. Can someone please tell me if I should only wipe Dalvik, or what I should do so I don't break my flash again. At $40-50 it gets very expensive to continue re-flashing to PP. If there is only certain roms to flash could you please list them? Thanks in advanced everybody!

-vizion

Go here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2605733 and ask this guy cjmcsw87, he knows how to address your issue.
18th January 2014, 01:12 AM |#3  
vizion98's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Dayton
Thanks Meter: 13
 
Donate to Me
More
Ok I will pm him. Thanks for referring me to the thread. Definitely want to clarify this before attempting to flash again.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
21st January 2014, 05:17 AM |#4  
vizion98's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Dayton
Thanks Meter: 13
 
Donate to Me
More
Bump. Still looking for help

Sent from my SCH-I535 Flashed to PagePlus
21st January 2014, 05:59 AM |#5  
buhohitr's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,652
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vizion98

Bump. Still looking for help

Sent from my SCH-I535 Flashed to PagePlus

Try to install this recovery and use it to flash http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2201860
9th February 2014, 12:45 PM |#6  
fathergweedo's Avatar
Member
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vizion98

Hey Everyone!

Ok, so just over 3 weeks ago I had my S3 flashed to PagePlus because I thought I was in a little over my head to attempt on my own. 2 days ago I was under the impression flashing and interchanging between roms was safe. I rooted, installed TWRP, and flashed CM11. I broke my flash and I believe it was because I wiped. I reverted back to JB 4.1.2 from my Nandroid backup and my flash was still broke. Can someone please tell me if I should only wipe Dalvik, or what I should do so I don't break my flash again. At $40-50 it gets very expensive to continue re-flashing to PP. If there is only certain roms to flash could you please list them? Thanks in advanced everybody!

-vizion

Have you resolved this issue? I too recently had my S3 flashed to PP while on Scott's CleanROM Seven http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1832070. (pretty much a stock debloated ROM based on the latest Verizon released VRBMF1 Jellybean 4.1.2). I would like to try his latest CleanRom8 (based on 4.3), but I don't want to lose my PP flash.

Do you (or anyone else) know what should be backed up or omitted to prevent losing my PP settings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by buhohitr

Try to install this recovery and use it to flash http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2201860

I'm currently on TWRP v2.6.3.1, would the PhilZ recovery in your link be better?

Regards - FG
Last edited by fathergweedo; 9th February 2014 at 12:56 PM.
10th February 2014, 12:23 AM |#7  
vizion98's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Dayton
Thanks Meter: 13
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fathergweedo

Have you resolved this issue? I too recently had my S3 flashed to PP while on Scott's CleanROM Seven http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1832070. (pretty much a stock debloated ROM based on the latest Verizon released VRBMF1 Jellybean 4.1.2). I would like to try his latest CleanRom8 (based on 4.3), but I don't want to lose my PP flash.

Do you (or anyone else) know what should be backed up or omitted to prevent losing my PP settings?



I'm currently on TWRP v2.6.3.1, would the PhilZ recovery in your link be better?

Regards - FG

I believe it had something to do with what the guy did to flash it. I kept breaking it with his flash. I flashed the phone on my own and I am running mastamoon's CM11 with working text, talk, and data. Flashing custom roms should NOT break a flash. Best I can say is give it a try. If it breaks I can remotely flash you talk and text again and you could look to Viper or Nevell for help getting data back, but once again it should NOT break your PP flash. Hope this helps.

EDIT: If you go to the rom in my signature there is a CWM swipe recovery in that thread. I am successfully running that right now. I personally like the layout of TWRP better, but seem to have more success with CWM and it seems like most if not all roms are supported by CWM recoveries.
Last edited by vizion98; 10th February 2014 at 12:25 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes