Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,007 Members 40,585 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Z1 or Z1s, Any difference?

Tip us?

leggz80
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Z1 or Z1s, Any difference?

I recently got a z1s, my wife has a Z1is there any difference when it comes to unlocking bootloader or rooting? has there been any in depth work done on the newest addition to the xperia lineup?

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 612
The Z1s cannot be Bootlader Unlocked, but maybe you are lucky one, type *#*#7378423#*#* on keyboard phone and see what saying. Bootlader Unlock Allowed: Yes or No, if No it can't be unlocked and there is no way around. For the rest is not the same model like C6903 then anything what you want to flash on it or get root, have to be for that model only.
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4

LaosPerson
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Yeah the Z1s doesn't have a unlockable boot loader or root yet, but like eclyptos said you may be lucky and check if you can unlock bootloader

Don_Perrignon
Old
Thanks Meter 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaosPerson View Post
Yeah the Z1s doesn't have a unlockable boot loader or root yet, but like eclyptos said you may be lucky and check if you can unlock bootloader
Key word being "yet".
Phone History

Samsung C225, Samsung T309, Nokia (¿Something?),
HTC Dash 3G, Nokia E73,
HTC MyTouch 4G, Samsung Galaxy SIII, Sony Xperia Z1s (current)

Tablet History

Nexus 7 2013 (current)

LaosPerson
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Perrignon View Post
Key word being "yet".
Yeah that is the keyword lol root should be possible one day but the boot loader may need safe strap