Dual Monitor (Touch/Non-touch) Fix.

OP davehries

10th February 2014, 12:42 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

38 posts
Hi All,
I have a dual monitor setup with one touch and one non-touch. The problem that I had was in-order to make my touch screen work I had to make it the default. I did not want that as my other monitor (non-touch) was larger. I have been searching all the various forums for a solution. I found it on the Surface Geek web site. The instructions follow:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, I know that you guys are going to think I am crazy, but I recently bought a new machine that has a touchscreen. I had already bought a touchscreen for my old machine and decided I wanted to go dual monitors with each a touchscreen. I found an interesting problem. It appears that Window 8 sees the touchscreen input differently than the monitor. Sorta makes sense, how is it supposed to know which touchscreen goes to which monitor. I looked on the web to see if I could find a solution and nothing could be found except others complaining about this as well. Well, I am happy to say that I figured out how to associate the touchscreen of each monitor to the correct one.

You have to go into your control panel. Click on Hardware and Sound. Click on Tablet PC Settings. Click on Setup under Configure your pen and touch displays. Then you have to touch the screen that is showing the text. Click OK or Next and then click the next one when the words come on this one. This allows the computer to know which screen is which screen. Otherwise it appears that it just thinks that both are one. Hope this helps.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regards.
The Following User Says Thank You to davehries For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread