Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,985 Members 53,786 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC Sensation - GPS problem - CyanogenMod KitKat

Tip us?

Mile_zdr
Old
Thanks Meter 266
why don't you download an app from google play sensor tester and see if your gps is working okey? maybe you have hw problem :/
HTC Sensation 4G T-Mobile USA
3.33 Firmware,S-off
Current Rom -ViperS 5.2.1 (4.1.2-Sense 5) Nothing is impossible!

Hit that Thanks button if in some way helped you

chmurak
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Hi,
Thanks for your advice.
I had it already, as well i downloaded GPS Status (seems to be a bit better than sensor tester). I went out today and GPS Status caught 5 satellites, but couldn't determine my position , after that i've switched to g.maps and after a while, my position on the map was ... my home's address (that's were i used internet for the last time) - two streets from where I was standing, so after that I've switched again to GPS Status and within next 15 minutes couldn't catch any satellites. Have no idea how to fix it....

chmurak
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Hi lads,
So...i fixed it
I'm kinda ashamed after posting so much stuff earlier on, as the problem was with the hardware (had nothing to do with ROM/Kernel/RIL whatsoever), i only realized today (mostly cause I wanted to 'boost' the antenna) but the pin connectors with antenna were bent...yeah....really....i just stuck a small piece of an aluminium foil.
Below is screenshot form GPS Status - form inside my gaff - phone is placed against the window.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-10-01-20-48.png
Views:	42
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	2569956