Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,492 Members 39,558 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Knox

Tip us?

mshawn3
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Thumbs up [Q] Knox

I've got an S4 i545 MJ7 rooted running stock I guess(not sure what that means) all I know is I can't change the Verizon restart. I can freeze, or delete, backup, and even, wipe data, with Titanium backup at will amongst other things. Too many to bother you all with.Can I, without causing any potential problems either now or in the future( like when I want to do some wild customization) safely just remove knox KLMS, 3.0, 1.0, Notification manager 1.0, Knox store 1.0, SDM 1.0 ( prevents OTA from constantly trying to updating your phone, which with root it can't), Verizon login 3.1.15, Verizon remote diagnostics 2.42.167.4002,and Verizon support protection 2.1.0. All of which are currently frozen and inop for all intents and purposes. Or will that cause some secret code enabling notification to be sent to Verizon and all my **** will get jacked?

royal8u
Old
Thanks Meter 0
try knox disabler

ky5ever
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshawn3 View Post
I've got an S4 i545 MJ7 rooted running stock I guess(not sure what that means) all I know is I can't change the Verizon restart. I can freeze, or delete, backup, and even, wipe data, with Titanium backup at will amongst other things. Too many to bother you all with.Can I, without causing any potential problems either now or in the future( like when I want to do some wild customization) safely just remove knox KLMS, 3.0, 1.0, Notification manager 1.0, Knox store 1.0, SDM 1.0 ( prevents OTA from constantly trying to updating your phone, which with root it can't), Verizon login 3.1.15, Verizon remote diagnostics 2.42.167.4002,and Verizon support protection 2.1.0. All of which are currently frozen and inop for all intents and purposes. Or will that cause some secret code enabling notification to be sent to Verizon and all my **** will get jacked?
I suggest using a ROM optimized for such a use. Like Hyperdrive. I works with Safestrap or a full custom recovery, and its highly optimized for speed and stability. All Verizon and KNOX bloatware is removed, but can be added back individually. For example, you may only want the Verizon Backup Assistant if you have contacts stored there. KNOX Security Enhancements is also disabled. SELinux is set to Permissive. All of the things you want is done in this ROM.

If you dont want to flash a ROM, you need to not only delete those files, but their dependencies. And, that may cause problems with some other apps. Im not sure.
The Following User Says Thank You to ky5ever For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mshawn3
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by ky5ever View Post
I suggest using a ROM optimized for such a use. Like Hyperdrive. I works with Safestrap or a full custom recovery, and its highly optimized for speed and stability. All Verizon and KNOX bloatware is removed, but can be added back individually. For example, you may only want the Verizon Backup Assistant if you have contacts stored there. KNOX Security Enhancements is also disabled. SELinux is set to Permissive. All of the things you want is done in this ROM.

If you dont want to flash a ROM, you need to not only delete those files, but their dependencies. And, that may cause problems with some other apps. Im not sure.
Thanks for the explanation, very clear and exactly what I was looking for. Please don't let my questions and the way ask them upset you( which I doubt they do considering the number of people you deal with) I was just confused.I am downloading safestrap and subsequently custom ROMS so you were a tremendous help because I didn;t realize they would in fact take care of knox or any other security issues built into the ROM

ky5ever
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshawn3 View Post
Thanks for the explanation, very clear and exactly what I was looking for. Please don't let my questions and the way ask them upset you( which I doubt they do considering the number of people you deal with) I was just confused.I am downloading safestrap and subsequently custom ROMS so you were a tremendous help because I didn;t realize they would in fact take care of knox or any other security issues built into the ROM
Its completely fine Im not a very capable man myself, but I try to learn and contribute when I can. Thats exactly what XDA is made for!

You seem to know something when it comes to rooting and performing basic tweaks to your phone (Titanium Backup, freezing services and apps, etc).

You asked a legitimate question in the appropriate thread, which not many are able to do. So, thank you for that!

Just remember, dont post in developer threads unless you have something to contribute. Asking questions there is annoying and interrupts the flow of work. You didnt do that here, dont worry, but make sure you dont do it.
The Following User Says Thank You to ky5ever For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mshawn3
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ky5ever View Post
Its completely fine Im not a very capable man myself, but I try to learn and contribute when I can. Thats exactly what XDA is made for!

You seem to know something when it comes to rooting and performing basic tweaks to your phone (Titanium Backup, freezing services and apps, etc).

You asked a legitimate question in the appropriate thread, which not many are able to do. So, thank you for that!

Just remember, don't post in developer threads unless you have something to contribute. Asking questions there is annoying and interrupts the flow of work. You didn't do that here, don't worry, but make sure you dont do it.
Totally understand early on I didn't realize there was diff so I made a few mistakes but it's all good now. Have a great wknd!
The Following User Says Thank You to mshawn3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
knox