Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Help! Root Issues! Expertise Needed!

OP bkboss1

9th February 2014, 06:58 PM   |  #11  
Flag ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Thanks Meter: 557

1,576 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkboss1

What exactly do you mean by restore? I already factory resetted my phone. I don't really care about losing my data.

I meant flashing a stock firmware image via Odin. Being you don't care about data loss, that would be the route to take.
The Following User Says Thank You to lordcheeto03 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th February 2014, 07:21 PM   |  #12  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordcheeto03

I meant flashing a stock firmware image via Odin. Being you don't care about data loss, that would be the route to take.

Okay, So how exactly would I do that? I'm pretty new to these kind of things.
9th February 2014, 07:46 PM   |  #13  
Flag ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

1,576 posts
More
Quote:

Okay, So how exactly would I do that? I'm pretty new to these kind of things.

Go to sammobile.com to find the M919 UVUEMK2 firmware.

Follow this thread. It's for returning to 4.2.2, but the premise is the exact same for restoring official 4.3 as well. Just use the newest version of Odin and instead of flashing the UVUAMDL tar, use the one you just downloaded from sammobile.
The Following User Says Thank You to lordcheeto03 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th February 2014, 08:33 PM   |  #14  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordcheeto03

Go to sammobile.com to find the M919 UVUEMK2 firmware.

Follow this thread. It's for returning to 4.2.2, but the premise is the exact same for restoring official 4.3 as well. Just use the newest version of Odin and instead of flashing the UVUAMDL tar, use the one you just downloaded from sammobile.

Okay, I'm in the process of downloading the firmware. I also had another question. When I go to my phone's software update to check, for an update it says "Your device has been modified. Software updates are not available" and the device status is "Custom" even though I'm not rooted anymore and If I flash the original stock ROM, will this go away, and return to its normal state?
9th February 2014, 09:16 PM   |  #15  
Flag ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

1,576 posts
More
Quote:

Okay, I'm in the process of downloading the firmware. I also had another question. When I go to my phone's software update to check, for an update it says "Your device has been modified. Software updates are not available" and the device status is "Custom" even though I'm not rooted anymore and If I flash the original stock ROM, will this go away, and return to its normal state?

On that note, I don't know for 100% certain but I do believe that will stay. Perhaps someone else can confirm if Triangle Away will at least remove that aspect on 4.3; I know it won't touch your KNOX counter but I'm uncertain if it does anything for your flash counter.

All that device status: Custom means, aside from warranty being void is you can't update via Kies or OTA; but you can still update (when an update is released) by downloading the firmware and flashing via Odin OR using a custom recovery and a flashable zip.
9th February 2014, 09:18 PM   |  #16  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 872

2,571 posts
More
Quote:

Its still on modified because you altered system files.. Once you restore it should go back to normal

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to serio22 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th February 2014, 02:51 AM   |  #17  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Thank you guys so much! I flashed the original stock ROM and everything is back to normal

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread