Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,395 Members 48,189 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help! Root Issues! Expertise Needed!

Tip us?
 
lordcheeto03
Old
#11  
lordcheeto03's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 504
Posts: 1,439
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkboss1 View Post
What exactly do you mean by restore? I already factory resetted my phone. I don't really care about losing my data.
I meant flashing a stock firmware image via Odin. Being you don't care about data loss, that would be the route to take.
Don't be afraid of the "Thanks" button
The Following User Says Thank You to lordcheeto03 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
bkboss1
Old
#12  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordcheeto03 View Post
I meant flashing a stock firmware image via Odin. Being you don't care about data loss, that would be the route to take.
Okay, So how exactly would I do that? I'm pretty new to these kind of things.
 
lordcheeto03
Old
#13  
lordcheeto03's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 504
Posts: 1,439
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkboss1 View Post
Okay, So how exactly would I do that? I'm pretty new to these kind of things.
Go to sammobile.com to find the M919 UVUEMK2 firmware.

Follow this thread. It's for returning to 4.2.2, but the premise is the exact same for restoring official 4.3 as well. Just use the newest version of Odin and instead of flashing the UVUAMDL tar, use the one you just downloaded from sammobile.
Don't be afraid of the "Thanks" button
The Following User Says Thank You to lordcheeto03 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
bkboss1
Old
#14  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordcheeto03 View Post
Go to sammobile.com to find the M919 UVUEMK2 firmware.

Follow this thread. It's for returning to 4.2.2, but the premise is the exact same for restoring official 4.3 as well. Just use the newest version of Odin and instead of flashing the UVUAMDL tar, use the one you just downloaded from sammobile.
Okay, I'm in the process of downloading the firmware. I also had another question. When I go to my phone's software update to check, for an update it says "Your device has been modified. Software updates are not available" and the device status is "Custom" even though I'm not rooted anymore and If I flash the original stock ROM, will this go away, and return to its normal state?
 
lordcheeto03
Old
#15  
lordcheeto03's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 504
Posts: 1,439
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkboss1 View Post
Okay, I'm in the process of downloading the firmware. I also had another question. When I go to my phone's software update to check, for an update it says "Your device has been modified. Software updates are not available" and the device status is "Custom" even though I'm not rooted anymore and If I flash the original stock ROM, will this go away, and return to its normal state?
On that note, I don't know for 100% certain but I do believe that will stay. Perhaps someone else can confirm if Triangle Away will at least remove that aspect on 4.3; I know it won't touch your KNOX counter but I'm uncertain if it does anything for your flash counter.

All that device status: Custom means, aside from warranty being void is you can't update via Kies or OTA; but you can still update (when an update is released) by downloading the firmware and flashing via Odin OR using a custom recovery and a flashable zip.
Don't be afraid of the "Thanks" button
 
serio22
Old
#16  
serio22's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 617
Posts: 1,934
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Houston
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkboss1 View Post
Okay, I'm in the process of downloading the firmware. I also had another question. When I go to my phone's software update to check, for an update it says "Your device has been modified. Software updates are not available" and the device status is "Custom" even though I'm not rooted anymore and If I flash the original stock ROM, will this go away, and return to its normal state?
Its still on modified because you altered system files.. Once you restore it should go back to normal

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to serio22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
bkboss1
Old
#17  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Feb 2014
Thank you guys so much! I flashed the original stock ROM and everything is back to normal

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes