Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,036 Members 52,102 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Custom Rom questions

Tip us?

Glamsen
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default [Q] Custom Rom questions

hi,

I just made the switch from my old galaxys to the one. Naturally I firstly want to get rid off all the bloatware and get a clean Android phone without sense. Checking out the various options, I noticed, that apparently some HTC features, like Beats support and the image chip will not work anymore on a custom rom. Is that true for all roms or are there any 4.4.2 CR or GPE roms, that include these features?

Thank you guys
Tobi

Guich
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3085

DONATE TO ME
Well, on CM roms you won't have all the thing that sense have like beats, zoe, browser etc etc.
On a GPE rom you have the beats equalizer but not the zoe and all other thing.

marcmicalizzi
Old
(Last edited by marcmicalizzi; 9th February 2014 at 11:48 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
If you're looking to get rid of the bloatware and keep other features look for roms that do just that, there are lots of GPE roms that keep most of the other HTC One features.

bernz_eazy
Old
Thanks Meter 26
if you're looking for a rom that is not bloated but still keep some of the best features of sense.. try eragon.. i have used it on my one x before.. though im just having some small issues with the latest release but i know its just a weird issue im going thru.. but that rom is a good rom try to check out their thread in android dev section..