5,604,050 Members 46,181 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Girlfriends CPU running either full speed or deep sleep, cant find source

Tip us?

braschlosan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Question [Q] Girlfriends CPU running either full speed or deep sleep, cant find source

My girlfriend has an I337 S4 running rooted MDL rom. Her phone would get hot and battery life was awful compared to my M919 S4.

I installed Bettery Battery Stats and it shows that the phone is either running at full speed or in deep sleep. I changed the governor of the stock kernel and it didn't make much difference. We then installed Ktoonsez kernel (newest version as of a few days ago) and it made no difference. I even tried to underclock and overclock the cpu and it always stays at the maximum setting. I've tried a few task manager applications and they show what is running but nothing uses a high percentage of CPU. Its as if some hidden system process is pegging the CPU all the time.

Does anyone have advice on how to stop this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-09-19-01-41.png
Views:	46
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	2570081  

Nitro1max1
Old
Thanks Meter 15
It's probably something hidden in the Rom that's making the cpu clocked out all the time. The Rom probably has a built in wake lock app that keeps the cpu running constantly when the screen is locked. Umm, I guess your best guess it to do a factory reset and if that doesn't work go back to the stock software or try a different Rom.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I577 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app