5,606,151 Members 35,623 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Assign a new program to swipe up instead magazine home?

Tip us?

onurd
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Assign a new program to swipe up instead magazine home?

When I swipe up from the home button on the main screen, the magazine program shows up. I uninstalles the prigram since I dont care for it on my rooted note 3. Now whem I swipe up, I get fromgram not installed and it starts the play store to download the magazine app again. Can I assign another program to this gesture?

BableMan
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by onurd View Post
When I swipe up from the home button on the main screen, the magazine program shows up. I uninstalles the prigram since I dont care for it on my rooted note 3. Now whem I swipe up, I get fromgram not installed and it starts the play store to download the magazine app again. Can I assign another program to this gesture?
You can with another launcher but I don't think you can in stock TW, yet... Seems like it would be a single file to tweak but it might go deeper than that. Being rooted is a good first step once the tweak is available though
Galaxy Note 3-stock unrooted -- HTC One M7-TrickDroid(retired) -- HP Touchpad-Ubuntu/WebOS (bathroom) -- Galaxy 7.7-Stock4work -- Playbook-does tricks...(kitchen) -- Iphones 4s/5(retired)
"The gods do not protect fools, fools are protected by more capable fools"
I love getting points, even when they're meaningless! So if I help you hit that thanks button

bp328i
Old
Thanks Meter 451
You can if your running Tweaked ROM.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

onurd
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
And one interesting thing is that my email program started having fc once I tried to open a new email after uninstalling the my magazine. After I restored it, the fcs went away... very peculiar. ..

ktetreault14
Old
Thanks Meter 511

DONATE TO ME
On 4.4.2 @onurd same happened to mw

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Eric214
Old
Thanks Meter 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by onurd View Post
And one interesting thing is that my email program started having fc once I tried to open a new email after uninstalling the my magazine. After I restored it, the fcs went away... very peculiar. ..
My Magazine and the stock email are linked. If you remove/freeze My Magazine I would get email fc if I tried to open email from the notification drawer. I think I saw someone make email apk that removes/breaks this link.
Current Phone

T-Mobile 32GB - Rooted Wicked v5 (TWRP 2.6.3.8)

Current Tablet
Galaxy Note 10.1 32GB 2014 Edition

Retired Phones
Galaxy S4 (VZW MDK) sold to pay for my Note 3
Droid Bionic - Traded for Note 3
Droid X - Now a WiFi phone.

nijel8
Old
Thanks Meter 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric214 View Post
My Magazine and the stock email are linked. If you remove/freeze My Magazine I would get email fc if I tried to open email from the notification drawer. I think I saw someone make email apk that removes/breaks this link.
That would be me...