Unofficial Android 4.4 Lands on Three Mediatek Devices

For the last few years, devices with MTK systems-on-chip haven’t received much … more

MultiImagePicker Library for Multiple Image Selection

App developmentcan be done in more than a handful of ways. You can write every single … more

Shoot Troubles, Not Users w/ Alex Boag-Munroe – XDA:DevCon 2014

In presenting the various sessions from XDA:DevCon 2014, weve mainly … more

Oppo Releases ColorOS for the Find 5… Poorly

Almost every OEM has taken the liberty of creating its own incarnation of the Android OS. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Assign a new program to swipe up instead magazine home?

OP onurd

8th February 2014, 04:57 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
168 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2004
More
When I swipe up from the home button on the main screen, the magazine program shows up. I uninstalles the prigram since I dont care for it on my rooted note 3. Now whem I swipe up, I get fromgram not installed and it starts the play store to download the magazine app again. Can I assign another program to this gesture?
9th February 2014, 03:03 AM   |  #2  
BableMan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Perched at the peak of a bell curve
Thanks Meter: 32
 
153 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by onurd

When I swipe up from the home button on the main screen, the magazine program shows up. I uninstalles the prigram since I dont care for it on my rooted note 3. Now whem I swipe up, I get fromgram not installed and it starts the play store to download the magazine app again. Can I assign another program to this gesture?

You can with another launcher but I don't think you can in stock TW, yet... Seems like it would be a single file to tweak but it might go deeper than that. Being rooted is a good first step once the tweak is available though
9th February 2014, 05:28 AM   |  #3  
bp328i's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tampa Bay
Thanks Meter: 587
 
970 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
You can if your running Tweaked ROM.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app
9th February 2014, 01:48 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
168 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2004
More
And one interesting thing is that my email program started having fc once I tried to open a new email after uninstalling the my magazine. After I restored it, the fcs went away... very peculiar. ..
9th February 2014, 02:11 PM   |  #5  
ktetreault14's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Largo
Thanks Meter: 1,117
 
2,819 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Donate to Me
More
On 4.4.2 @onurd same happened to mw

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
9th February 2014, 07:22 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Flag Philly
Thanks Meter: 120
 
551 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by onurd

And one interesting thing is that my email program started having fc once I tried to open a new email after uninstalling the my magazine. After I restored it, the fcs went away... very peculiar. ..

My Magazine and the stock email are linked. If you remove/freeze My Magazine I would get email fc if I tried to open email from the notification drawer. I think I saw someone make email apk that removes/breaks this link.
10th February 2014, 04:36 AM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 264
 
232 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric214

My Magazine and the stock email are linked. If you remove/freeze My Magazine I would get email fc if I tried to open email from the notification drawer. I think I saw someone make email apk that removes/breaks this link.

That would be me...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes