Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,650 Members 38,811 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Headset for note 3?

Tip us?
 
awc8587
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Feb 2014
Default Headset for note 3?

So I just got the Note 3, but it didn't come with a headset. I was wondering what headsets are out there that has a functions mic along with volume controls besides the samsung headsets.
 
jRi0T68
Old
#2  
jRi0T68's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 492
Posts: 3,696
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
LG Quadbeat 2. Very well reviewed for sound quality, and functional buttons.

Excreted from my Nexus 5
[Guide] Headphone/Earphone Buying
The Following User Says Thank You to jRi0T68 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
vectron
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1931
Posts: 2,624
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by awc8587 View Post
So I just got the Note 3, but it didn't come with a headset. I was wondering what headsets are out there that has a functions mic along with volume controls besides the samsung headsets.
If you get a wireless bluetooth headset, every control and volume should work. For wired headsets, mic and play/pause/call buttons of other brands work but volume control is only for iDevices. You can get Samsung white headset with controls on Amazon, but those are fake $2-$3 ones and work ok, but sound quality will be crappy. If you want to wait another few weeks, Sennheiser is releasing the first official headset designed for Galaxy phones, MM30G - http://en-us.sennheiser.com/mm-30g . I will have a detailed review once I receive a sample.

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jRi0T68 View Post
LG Quadbeat 2. Very well reviewed for sound quality, and functional buttons.

Excreted from my Nexus 5
[Guide] Headphone/Earphone Buying
But no volume control, right?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you find my post helpful, please hit Thanks

Complete list of all smartphone and tablet accessory REVIEWS by Vectron -> HERE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
jRi0T68
Old
#4  
jRi0T68's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 492
Posts: 3,696
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by vectron View Post
If you get a wireless bluetooth headset, every control and volume should work. For wired headsets, mic and play/pause/call buttons of other brands work but volume control is only for iDevices. You can get Samsung white headset with controls on Amazon, but those are fake $2-$3 ones and work ok, but sound quality will be crappy. If you want to wait another few weeks, Sennheiser is releasing the first official headset designed for Galaxy phones, MM30G - http://en-us.sennheiser.com/mm-30g . I will have a detailed review once I receive a sample.

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------



But no volume control, right?
Volume control is said to work, at least on N5 I've seen people say it works.

Excreted from my Nexus 5
[Guide] Headphone/Earphone Buying
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes