Problem when restoring

OP aintaqin

8th February 2014, 06:57 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Hi, I used online nandroid Backup to do my ROM backup to external sdcard. While fiddling with some app installation, something I don't like happened and I wanted to restore my ROM, so I did CWM recovery and restore the backup that I already did. Restoration process was successful but after reboot, I got all kinds of pop-ups saying that "Unfortunately so-and-so has stopped" (or something to that extent) and it just wont stop popping-up, one after another. Even after it finally stopped, whenever I wanted to open an app, the whole cycle started again. What seemed to be the problem here? Did I do a bad backup or is it something else?

Appreciate your input. Thanks
9th February 2014, 03:17 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aintaqin

Hi, I used online nandroid Backup to do my ROM backup to external sdcard. While fiddling with some app installation, something I don't like happened and I wanted to restore my ROM, so I did CWM recovery and restore the backup that I already did. Restoration process was successful but after reboot, I got all kinds of pop-ups saying that "Unfortunately so-and-so has stopped" (or something to that extent) and it just wont stop popping-up, one after another. Even after it finally stopped, whenever I wanted to open an app, the whole cycle started again. What seemed to be the problem here? Did I do a bad backup or is it something else?

Appreciate your input. Thanks

I just reflashed the ROM and start all over again.

Still, why can't I just restored everything back to the way it was before?

Anybody?

Thanks a million
9th February 2014, 08:37 AM   |  #3  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 2,432

3,224 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aintaqin

I just reflashed the ROM and start all over again.

Still, why can't I just restored everything back to the way it was before?

Anybody?

Thanks a million

what was the backup u were reinstalling??
do a full wipe and then reinstall..! It works for me always
10th February 2014, 05:17 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekynoob

what was the backup u were reinstalling??
do a full wipe and then reinstall..! It works for me always

You mean do a full wipe and try restoring the backup again in recovery? And you can get back to the state that you were before?

I reflashed the ROM which is a hassle because you have to start again from scratch with all the settings and accounts.

Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread