Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,692 Members 40,019 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is an hour plus a reasonable time for clean rom 1st boot?

Tip us?

jquitt
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Is an hour plus a reasonable time for clean rom 1st boot?

I took the Verizon Galaxy S3 4.3 OTA update. So i've used saferoot to gain root and installed safestrap. I've flashed wicked sensation 4.3 along with the appropriate safestrap ML1 module. After doing this, I rebooted into the new rom slot and I've been stuck at the initial Wicked Sensation blue splash screen for over an hour now. I just wanted to get an idea of how long this takes if anyone else has done this

ATGkompressor
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by jquitt View Post
I took the Verizon Galaxy S3 4.3 OTA update. So i've used saferoot to gain root and installed safestrap. I've flashed wicked sensation 4.3 along with the appropriate safestrap ML1 module. After doing this, I rebooted into the new rom slot and I've been stuck at the initial Wicked Sensation blue splash screen for over an hour now. I just wanted to get an idea of how long this takes if anyone else has done this
Flashed last night and only took about 5 minutes for my first boot of wicked sense. Idk what to tell you....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to ATGkompressor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jquitt
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATGkompressor View Post
Flashed last night and only took about 5 minutes for my first boot of wicked sense. Idk what to tell you....

Yikes...would you know of a safe way to reboot to get back to safestrap to try to debug this?

jquitt
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I was able to reboot and get back to stock via safestrap. Strange that the rom keeps getting stuck there. Oh well.

ATGkompressor
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by jquitt View Post
I was able to reboot and get back to stock via safestrap. Strange that the rom keeps getting stuck there. Oh well.
Did u wipe d-cache, flash, wipe d-cache, flash ML1 module? And how big did u make your data partition in the slot?

The Following User Says Thank You to ATGkompressor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jquitt
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Did u wipe d-cache, flash, wipe d-cache, flash ML1 module? And how big did u make your data partition in the slot?

I did the wipe and install the ml1 modem file, then installed wicked, then installed the ml1 module. Didn't get the impression from the directions that the wipe d-cache needed to be performed twice so that may be the issue. As far as the size of the partition I took the default for the data portion. I'll need to check to make sure what if defaulted to.

jquitt
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:

It was 2500 mb for the data partition