Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Is an hour plus a reasonable time for clean rom 1st boot?

OP jquitt

10th February 2014, 01:11 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
I took the Verizon Galaxy S3 4.3 OTA update. So i've used saferoot to gain root and installed safestrap. I've flashed wicked sensation 4.3 along with the appropriate safestrap ML1 module. After doing this, I rebooted into the new rom slot and I've been stuck at the initial Wicked Sensation blue splash screen for over an hour now. I just wanted to get an idea of how long this takes if anyone else has done this
10th February 2014, 02:10 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 24

175 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jquitt

I took the Verizon Galaxy S3 4.3 OTA update. So i've used saferoot to gain root and installed safestrap. I've flashed wicked sensation 4.3 along with the appropriate safestrap ML1 module. After doing this, I rebooted into the new rom slot and I've been stuck at the initial Wicked Sensation blue splash screen for over an hour now. I just wanted to get an idea of how long this takes if anyone else has done this

Flashed last night and only took about 5 minutes for my first boot of wicked sense. Idk what to tell you....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to ATGkompressor For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th February 2014, 02:23 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATGkompressor

Flashed last night and only took about 5 minutes for my first boot of wicked sense. Idk what to tell you....

Yikes...would you know of a safe way to reboot to get back to safestrap to try to debug this?
10th February 2014, 04:16 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
I was able to reboot and get back to stock via safestrap. Strange that the rom keeps getting stuck there. Oh well.
10th February 2014, 04:49 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 24

175 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jquitt

I was able to reboot and get back to stock via safestrap. Strange that the rom keeps getting stuck there. Oh well.

Did u wipe d-cache, flash, wipe d-cache, flash ML1 module? And how big did u make your data partition in the slot?

The Following User Says Thank You to ATGkompressor For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th February 2014, 05:16 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
Quote:

Did u wipe d-cache, flash, wipe d-cache, flash ML1 module? And how big did u make your data partition in the slot?

I did the wipe and install the ml1 modem file, then installed wicked, then installed the ml1 module. Didn't get the impression from the directions that the wipe d-cache needed to be performed twice so that may be the issue. As far as the size of the partition I took the default for the data portion. I'll need to check to make sure what if defaulted to.
10th February 2014, 05:25 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
Quote:

It was 2500 mb for the data partition

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread