will this root method work/will it unlock b

OP spinninbsod

10th February 2014, 02:00 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag new york city
Thanks Meter: 81

662 posts
More
i just got my lg g2 today wanting to root it cause the ui is awful i found this root method but wanting to make sure it works and will unlock the bootloader so i can install my model number is vs980 software version is vs98012b build number is JDQ39b

link to root i found http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...9#post45692679
Last edited by spinninbsod; 10th February 2014 at 02:06 AM. Reason: i made a booboo
10th February 2014, 02:28 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 53

151 posts
Personally I think LG' s skin is very very good... I came from the gnex and I'm very used to aosp roms. I think LG actually did a great job... enough of that☺...

I'd use the LG flash tool to go back to 11a then root that with what you've found then flash away whatever you'd like. There's been a few issues with 12b for some reason as far as flashing roms... hopefully a couple others will chime in but that's my 2 cents...

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

Oh... you won't be able to actually unlock your boot loader. Grab freegee from the play store in order to install twrp...

The Following User Says Thank You to scram99 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th February 2014, 05:36 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag new york city
Thanks Meter: 81

662 posts
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by scram99

Personally I think LG' s skin is very very good... I came from the gnex and I'm very used to aosp roms. I think LG actually did a great job... enough of that☺...

I'd use the LG flash tool to go back to 11a then root that with what you've found then flash away whatever you'd like. There's been a few issues with 12b for some reason as far as flashing roms... hopefully a couple others will chime in but that's my 2 cents...

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

Oh... you won't be able to actually unlock your boot loader. Grab freegee from the play store in order to install twrp...

what is the name of the tool and how do i do it and where are the firmwares and what kind of problems?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread