Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,915 Members 44,783 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

will this root method work/will it unlock b

Tip us?

spinninbsod
Old
(Last edited by spinninbsod; 10th February 2014 at 01:06 AM.) Reason: i made a booboo
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 52
Default will this root method work/will it unlock b

i just got my lg g2 today wanting to root it cause the ui is awful i found this root method but wanting to make sure it works and will unlock the bootloader so i can install my model number is vs980 software version is vs98012b build number is JDQ39b

link to root i found http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...9#post45692679

scram99
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Personally I think LG' s skin is very very good... I came from the gnex and I'm very used to aosp roms. I think LG actually did a great job... enough of that☺...

I'd use the LG flash tool to go back to 11a then root that with what you've found then flash away whatever you'd like. There's been a few issues with 12b for some reason as far as flashing roms... hopefully a couple others will chime in but that's my 2 cents...

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

Oh... you won't be able to actually unlock your boot loader. Grab freegee from the play store in order to install twrp...

The Following User Says Thank You to scram99 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

spinninbsod
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by scram99 View Post
Personally I think LG' s skin is very very good... I came from the gnex and I'm very used to aosp roms. I think LG actually did a great job... enough of that☺...

I'd use the LG flash tool to go back to 11a then root that with what you've found then flash away whatever you'd like. There's been a few issues with 12b for some reason as far as flashing roms... hopefully a couple others will chime in but that's my 2 cents...

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

Oh... you won't be able to actually unlock your boot loader. Grab freegee from the play store in order to install twrp...

what is the name of the tool and how do i do it and where are the firmwares and what kind of problems?