5,606,151 Members 35,224 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[INFO]The truth about the Galaxy S4 mini duos aka i9192 and the dual sim support

Tip us?

kms108
Old
Thanks Meter 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwyxda View Post
In settings --> More --> About device --> scroll down and screen shot those insfo
if you don't mind
updated my last post
Samsung Galaxy Note III LTE N9005
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Duos I9192

Sony XBA 3
Sony MDR EX600
Sony MDR EX800ST

mustafa_1994emad
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr3mro View Post
Single sim phones behave better than dual sim phones and you won't get any aosp ROM for a dual sim phone in the near future

Sent from my GT-P3100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Yes some time I wish to go back in the past and get the GT-I9190 model

Sent from my GT-I9192 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

SysAdmNj
Old
Thanks Meter 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by kms108 View Post
updated my last post
So with both sims in, obviously slot one will be the provider you want your 3g speeds with, but what about texts. Can you receive texts from both sims phone number? And if so, what happens when you reply to either or both? Will it handle the sim's phone number reply to text appropriately? I think this is my main concern before buying a dual sim card phone.

kms108
Old
Thanks Meter 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by SysAdmNj View Post
So with both sims in, obviously slot one will be the provider you want your 3g speeds with, but what about texts. Can you receive texts from both sims phone number? And if so, what happens when you reply to either or both? Will it handle the sim's phone number reply to text appropriately? I think this is my main concern before buying a dual sim card phone.
with text, you just do the same precedure as you do wit a single sim card phone, but you get the option of two send out icons buttons sim 1 and sim 2, you can also receivee text msg with either sim, these will be labelled with a sim 1 and sim 2 icon.
Samsung Galaxy Note III LTE N9005
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Duos I9192

Sony XBA 3
Sony MDR EX600
Sony MDR EX800ST
The Following User Says Thank You to kms108 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SysAdmNj
Old
Thanks Meter 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by kms108 View Post
with text, you just do the same precedure as you do wit a single sim card phone, but you get the option of two send out icons buttons sim 1 and sim 2, you can also receivee text msg with either sim, these will be labelled with a sim 1 and sim 2 icon.
So you can receive texts on both sims at the same time? I'm just wondering if there are two folders? How do you distinguish which text belongs to which sims?

SilviuMik
Old
Thanks Meter 330
Quote:
So you can receive texts on both sims at the same time? I'm just wondering if there are two folders? How do you distinguish which text belongs to which sims?
When u open a text message u will see icon from what sim it came from
I did answer u in other topic with screens, take a look there
Phone: GT-I9192 Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Duos + Samsung 32GB microSD Card MB-MGBGB Pro Series
ROM: Stock 4.2.2 PDA: I9192XXUBNC1 / CSC: I9195ROMBNA1 / MODEM: I9192XXUBNC1
Kernel: Custom
Recovery: Stock
Retired Devices: GT-I9100 Samsung Galaxy S2 / GT-S5660 Samsung Galaxy Gio

SysAdmNj
Old
Thanks Meter 179
There is no way then to get 3g data speeds on both sims at the same time? Sim slot 1 takes the 3g precedence?

fburgos
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
There is no way then to get 3g data speeds on both sims at the same time? Sim slot 1 takes the 3g precedence?

that's because it has only one modem but you get to choose which sim uses data plan on 3G (sim1 or sim2 both can work with 3G)

on the other hand why would you want 3g on both sims at the same time, that would only give less battery life not doble speed

SysAdmNj
Old
Thanks Meter 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by fburgos View Post
that's because it has only one modem but you get to choose which sim uses data plan on 3G (sim1 or sim2 both can work with 3G)

on the other hand why would you want 3g on both sims at the same time, that would only give less battery life not doble speed
I understand that, but for me when I chose my sim2 to use the data plan it only stays on 'E' which is edge speeds which is equivalent of gprs I believe. Its real slow, instead of taking advantage of sim2's highest possible data speed which I know is faster than my sim1. But if it has one modem and can only use 3g on one sim card why doesnt it use it on the sim card I choose to use the data plan on. Obviously I'd want the faster speeds for data no?

fburgos
Old
Thanks Meter 59
you have to manually change network mode from sim1 to 2g (gsm) and sim2 to 3g (wcdma) is a shame the rom don't do it automatically.

but for me works that way, since y have one big data plan and one small I just change the sim I use for data to toggle 3g/2g depending if I want longer battery life or faster internet

The Following User Says Thank You to fburgos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
dual sim, galaxy s4 mini duos, informer, samsung