5,596,235 Members 35,900 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Issue with rebooting custom ROMs

Tip us?

paxy97
Old
(Last edited by paxy97; 9th February 2014 at 11:20 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 311
Default [Q] Issue with rebooting custom ROMs

One or two weeks ago I flashed PAC 4.3 (coming from 4.3 leak) and it worked without a single error. Then after I rebooted my phone it just get's stuck on the bootanimation and I have to take out the battery, get into CWM, wipe dalvik-cache and cache and then it would work, although that means that my phone generates the dalvik cache at each boot, which consumes a lot of battery and last about 3 minutes, which is really annoying. I thought it's a problem with PAC so I flashed the latest CM11 nightly and get the same thing . I'm quite experienced with flashing custom ROMs and Kernels, so please don't go full noob explanation on me .

Thanks in advance

Update: After wiping data the phone reboots normally. Could it be an app causing it?
Don't forget to press the Thanks button

(I don't take credit for the picture)

davidtkf88
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxy97 View Post
One or two weeks ago I flashed PAC 4.3 (coming from 4.3 leak) and it worked without a single error. Then after I rebooted my phone it just get's stuck on the bootanimation and I have to take out the battery, get into CWM, wipe dalvik-cache and cache and then it would work, although that means that my phone generates the dalvik cache at each boot, which consumes a lot of battery and last about 3 minutes, which is really annoying. I thought it's a problem with PAC so I flashed the latest CM11 nightly and get the same thing . I'm quite experienced with flashing custom ROMs and Kernels, so please don't go full noob explanation on me .

Thanks in advance

Update: After wiping data the phone reboots normally. Could it be an app causing it?
usually if phone stuck at boot animation, the main problem mostly cause by app data/cache, i my self encounter many same situation with other phone, samsung, htc, and after wiping cache and data, the problem gone..also, i notice if flash from stock to custom, or custom that based on stock then go to AOSP custom without wiping data, then most time phone will stuck at boot animation..but rarely i encounter stuck after wiping data (some folder wrongly placed in the zip file that cause the problem)