Add Frequency Bands to Your Qualcomm Device

Those of you who travel quite a bit undoubtedly own more than one device due to frequency band … more

More Android 5.0 Details Revealed, Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker – XDA TV

Google talks more about Android 5.0 Lollipop! That and much … more

Google Allows Search Queries To Interact With Apps

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings lots of new features that are quite useful for end users and … more

Lenovo Officially Owns Motorola, Following ~$3 Billion Deal

Google is now officially no longer the owner of American phone manufacturer … more

[Q] Battery Drain issues , need help !!!

OP shriom_manerker

9th February 2014, 09:34 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 307

2,143 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by votinh

In term of battery life, I was considering myself as one of the unlucky one but after done all those, I got pretty good result. Normally last about 3 days with 6 hrs screen-on time and 4 hrs talk time. No wakelocks

you should know better than to give stats.... standby hours and battery life is varied alot by user, ambient temperature and etc.

OP if you feel thats not right, flash another rom see if it help, I'm using energy rom, its good for me so far.
9th February 2014, 11:20 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 22

153 posts
More
Try remove some bloat and apk with titanium... A regular user can often remove 100 apk from these roms! And use bootmanager and greenify! Greenify is must have!
10th February 2014, 01:42 AM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Margao,Goa
Thanks Meter: 708

1,699 posts
More
Quote:

In term of battery life, I was considering myself as one of the unlucky one but after done all those, I got pretty good result. Normally last about 3 days with 6 hrs screen-on time and 4 hrs talk time. No wakelocks

i guess theres something wrong with my phone then (the software ) ,hopefully kitka update will fix it
10th February 2014, 01:43 AM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member
Flag Margao,Goa

1,699 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1_enthusiast

you should know better than to give stats.... standby hours and battery life is varied alot by user, ambient temperature and etc.

OP if you feel thats not right, flash another rom see if it help, I'm using energy rom, its good for me so far.

alright thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyzecret

Try remove some bloat and apk with titanium... A regular user can often remove 100 apk from these roms! And use bootmanager and greenify! Greenify is must have!

i havent rooted it as yet , i will after the ota to 4.4 ! anyways i do have greenify and ive greenified facebook and other wakelock creating apps. its only that lameass android os keeping my device awake for hours !
10th February 2014, 02:48 AM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 22

153 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shriom_manerker

alright thanks

i havent rooted it as yet , i will after the ota to 4.4 ! anyways i do have greenify and ive greenified facebook and other wakelock creating apps. its only that lameass android os keeping my device awake for hours !

I know, but if you are the same as me, you will NEVER be 100% happy with your phone before you root it and do you own tweaking.
10th February 2014, 03:55 AM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 431

2,243 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shriom_manerker

i guess theres something wrong with my phone then (the software ) ,hopefully kitka update will fix it

Don't hope, fix now.
If I was you, I would backup all my important personal info on the phone and factory reset it.
I would do those tricks one by one w/o installing any app yet and see how the battery fares after each charge.
General speaking, we need to understand the root cause and find the solution from there, if it needs to be rooted to fix the problem then you root it otherwise, blindly rooting and assuming everything else will fix isn't the right way to debug.
10th February 2014, 06:43 AM   |  #17  
OP Senior Member
Flag Margao,Goa

1,699 posts
More
Quote:

Don't hope, fix now.
If I was you, I would backup all my important personal info on the phone and factory reset it.
I would do those tricks one by one w/o installing any app yet and see how the battery fares after each charge.
General speaking, we need to understand the root cause and find the solution from there, if it needs to be rooted to fix the problem then you root it otherwise, blindly rooting and assuming everything else will fix isn't the right way to debug.

fact reset done , only whatsapp installed. same issue so i installed my other apps as well. im guessing its a kernel issue

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread