5,594,653 Members 32,621 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Battery Drain issues , need help !!!

Tip us?
 
G1_enthusiast
Old
#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 256
Posts: 1,916
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by votinh View Post
In term of battery life, I was considering myself as one of the unlucky one but after done all those, I got pretty good result. Normally last about 3 days with 6 hrs screen-on time and 4 hrs talk time. No wakelocks
you should know better than to give stats.... standby hours and battery life is varied alot by user, ambient temperature and etc.

OP if you feel thats not right, flash another rom see if it help, I'm using energy rom, its good for me so far.
Phone
HTC Touch pro II -----> Tmobile G1 -----> HTC HD2 -----> Tmobile G2 -----> Samsung galaxy S II -----> Samsung galaxy S3 -----> Sony Xperia "Zed"----->HTC ONE(Thank God, dont ever own a Sony)----->LG G2

Tablet

Tmobile Slate ---------------------> Blackberry playbook ------------------------> Samsung galaxy Tab 10.1 ------------------------>Nexus 7 ------------------------>Nexus 7 Second Gen ------------------------> Dell Venue 8 Pro
 
Dirtyzecret
Old
#12  
Dirtyzecret's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 46
Join Date: Feb 2014
Try remove some bloat and apk with titanium... A regular user can often remove 100 apk from these roms! And use bootmanager and greenify! Greenify is must have!
 
shriom_manerker
Old
#13  
shriom_manerker's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 662
Posts: 1,566
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Margao,Goa
Quote:
Originally Posted by votinh View Post
In term of battery life, I was considering myself as one of the unlucky one but after done all those, I got pretty good result. Normally last about 3 days with 6 hrs screen-on time and 4 hrs talk time. No wakelocks
i guess theres something wrong with my phone then (the software ) ,hopefully kitka update will fix it
__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Galaxy Nexus
Click "Thanks" if i helped
For More Social Interactions join these Facebook Groups(join only if u hav these phones)
Samsung Galaxy SL
https://www.facebook.com/groups/GalaxySLGROUP/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/NexusPrime/
 
shriom_manerker
Old
#14  
shriom_manerker's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 662
Posts: 1,566
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Margao,Goa
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1_enthusiast View Post
you should know better than to give stats.... standby hours and battery life is varied alot by user, ambient temperature and etc.

OP if you feel thats not right, flash another rom see if it help, I'm using energy rom, its good for me so far.
alright thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyzecret View Post
Try remove some bloat and apk with titanium... A regular user can often remove 100 apk from these roms! And use bootmanager and greenify! Greenify is must have!
i havent rooted it as yet , i will after the ota to 4.4 ! anyways i do have greenify and ive greenified facebook and other wakelock creating apps. its only that lameass android os keeping my device awake for hours !
__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Galaxy Nexus
Click "Thanks" if i helped
For More Social Interactions join these Facebook Groups(join only if u hav these phones)
Samsung Galaxy SL
https://www.facebook.com/groups/GalaxySLGROUP/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/NexusPrime/
 
Dirtyzecret
Old
#15  
Dirtyzecret's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 46
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by shriom_manerker View Post
alright thanks



i havent rooted it as yet , i will after the ota to 4.4 ! anyways i do have greenify and ive greenified facebook and other wakelock creating apps. its only that lameass android os keeping my device awake for hours !
I know, but if you are the same as me, you will NEVER be 100% happy with your phone before you root it and do you own tweaking.
 
votinh
Old
#16  
votinh's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 402
Posts: 2,116
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by shriom_manerker View Post
i guess theres something wrong with my phone then (the software ) ,hopefully kitka update will fix it
Don't hope, fix now.
If I was you, I would backup all my important personal info on the phone and factory reset it.
I would do those tricks one by one w/o installing any app yet and see how the battery fares after each charge.
General speaking, we need to understand the root cause and find the solution from there, if it needs to be rooted to fix the problem then you root it otherwise, blindly rooting and assuming everything else will fix isn't the right way to debug.
Official CM10.1 Nightly @ 1000MHz NOOKcolor
Offiical CM11 KK Nightly on Kindle Fire 1st-Gen
Rooted Kindle Fire HD 8.9" w/ Nova Launcher
Virgin JB 4.3 on Sony Xperia Tablet Z
Stock ROM KK 4.4.2 on LG-D800

Virgin Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 - LOST
Slimbean 8.1 on Galaxy S2 i777 - LOST
 
shriom_manerker
Old
#17  
shriom_manerker's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 662
Posts: 1,566
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Margao,Goa
Quote:
Originally Posted by votinh View Post
Don't hope, fix now.
If I was you, I would backup all my important personal info on the phone and factory reset it.
I would do those tricks one by one w/o installing any app yet and see how the battery fares after each charge.
General speaking, we need to understand the root cause and find the solution from there, if it needs to be rooted to fix the problem then you root it otherwise, blindly rooting and assuming everything else will fix isn't the right way to debug.
fact reset done , only whatsapp installed. same issue so i installed my other apps as well. im guessing its a kernel issue
__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Galaxy Nexus
Click "Thanks" if i helped
For More Social Interactions join these Facebook Groups(join only if u hav these phones)
Samsung Galaxy SL
https://www.facebook.com/groups/GalaxySLGROUP/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/NexusPrime/

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Motorola Droid RAZR HD and M to Receive KitKat in a “Few More Weeks”

Verizon and Motorola shocked us all back in November when … more

[APK] YouTube Update to 5.6 Now Lets You Cast Live Video to Your Chromecast

Earlier today, we talked about how Google brought two new apps to … more

[OTA Captured] Android 4.4.2 Now Rolling Out to the AT&T Galaxy S 4 Active

A little under two months ago, AT&T started rolling out … more