5,600,664 Members 36,418 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Just rooting disables some apps?

Tip us?

semantsen
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 107
Question Just rooting disables some apps?

I am all ready to root/flash custom roms ignoring knox counter for my note 3. I have read that just rooting the this device disables or breaks functions like screen mirroring etc. I have used previously Note 2 and S3 and rooted flashed them n number of times but never heard this.
If yes what are the other functions that may get disabled or broken? I like and use allshare (Samsung link) all the time. Does it also gets disabled?
Regards,
DR. Ketan's Custom Rom K5

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1241

DONATE TO ME
Screen mirroring gets broken from custom kernel, not Root AFAIK, as for other things, well KNOX doesn't work that's about it.
// Nexus 5 (D821) // Liquid // UBER //
// Note 3 (SM-N9005) // AOSP ROM of variety // Lean or temasek's Kernel // - Dumped. No more Samsung
The Following User Says Thank You to radicalisto For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xclub_101
Old
Thanks Meter 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by semantsen View Post
I am all ready to root/flash custom roms ignoring knox counter for my note 3. I have read that just rooting the this device disables or breaks functions like screen mirroring etc. I have used previously Note 2 and S3 and rooted flashed them n number of times but never heard this.
If yes what are the other functions that may get disabled or broken? I like and use allshare (Samsung link) all the time. Does it also gets disabled?
Regards,

I think screen mirroring gets disabled pretty much when knox flag gets disabled (non-stock kernel/recovery mostly).

Just rooting should not disable that (unless maybe if you trigger knox), but might disable programs that check for root (like some banking apps) - but now there is an xposed module even for that
N9005 Universal Root De La Vega / Mobile Odin Pro, Knox 0x0, MJ7
The Following User Says Thank You to xclub_101 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]