Just rooting disables some apps?

OP semantsen

10th February 2014, 06:31 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 118

579 posts
More
I am all ready to root/flash custom roms ignoring knox counter for my note 3. I have read that just rooting the this device disables or breaks functions like screen mirroring etc. I have used previously Note 2 and S3 and rooted flashed them n number of times but never heard this.
If yes what are the other functions that may get disabled or broken? I like and use allshare (Samsung link) all the time. Does it also gets disabled?
Regards,
10th February 2014, 07:27 AM   |  #2  
Flag York
Thanks Meter: 1,453

3,577 posts
Donate to Me
More
Screen mirroring gets broken from custom kernel, not Root AFAIK, as for other things, well KNOX doesn't work that's about it.
The Following User Says Thank You to radicalisto For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th February 2014, 07:55 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 320

1,117 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by semantsen

I am all ready to root/flash custom roms ignoring knox counter for my note 3. I have read that just rooting the this device disables or breaks functions like screen mirroring etc. I have used previously Note 2 and S3 and rooted flashed them n number of times but never heard this.
If yes what are the other functions that may get disabled or broken? I like and use allshare (Samsung link) all the time. Does it also gets disabled?
Regards,

I think screen mirroring gets disabled pretty much when knox flag gets disabled (non-stock kernel/recovery mostly).

Just rooting should not disable that (unless maybe if you trigger knox), but might disable programs that check for root (like some banking apps) - but now there is an xposed module even for that
The Following User Says Thank You to xclub_101 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread