Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,749 Members 48,822 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to port an App?

Tip us?

Insignificant
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default How to port an App?

Hi, i've got a little problem.
I mistakenly deleted an App from another account. This app is no longer available in the Appstore. But i've got it installed on my secondary account. How can i port it back? I know it's still installed, but not accessible for the second account. Any ideas?

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2638
That... is probably not easy. Anybody have a better suggestion that re-packaging the .APPX file and sideloading it? That's not a good solution, really, but I can't think of a better one offhand.
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.

Insignificant
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
No one else got an idea?

I really don't want to sideload it. I thought someone would know what registry keys i would need to do it. I looked around and found a lot in the local user registry. I thought maybe just copy them over to get access to it, or something like that.

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2638
You could certainly try that. I'm afraid I don't really know how the modern app launching works, or I'd suggest just trying to create a launcher link right to the app. You can't start them the same way as desktop apps though, even when they have EXE files.

Sent from my Samsung ATIV S SGH-T899M using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

WP8 projects:
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.

cx1
Old
Thanks Meter 45
You could try coping the folders over. C:\Program Files\WindowsApps is where they are located. The folder is hidden and you have to take ownership to open.
Giant signatures are annoying.

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2638
Copy it over from what? It's another profile on the same computer. All profiles run apps from the same location...

WP8 projects:
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects: