XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

standby wifi battery consumption

Tip us?

mysterionTM
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default standby wifi battery consumption

According to you it is normal that night the note 2 get to consume 14 % of battery standby time leaving the wifi active?
I sucks on average 2% for hour ... after 7 hours approximately 14%

I tried everything, I hibernated greenify almost everything (apart from whatsapp), I turned off sync but the result always the same ....

tweeny80
Old
Thanks Meter 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterionTM View Post
According to you it is normal that night the note 2 get to consume 14 % of battery standby time leaving the wifi active?
I sucks on average 2% for hour ... after 7 hours approximately 14%

I tried everything, I hibernated greenify almost everything (apart from whatsapp), I turned off sync but the result always the same ....
Go intoWwifi setting, press menu button and select advanced settings. Play around with those options. I assume you're on Sammy 4.3 ROM?

KEEP WIFI ON DURING SLEEP = NO!
SCANNING ALWAYS AVAILABLE = NO!

Tun off wifi b4 u go to sleep always works too. Us Wakelock detector or Better Battery Stats apps to check on rogue processed too.

Good luck

mysterionTM
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeny80 View Post
Go intoWwifi setting, press menu button and select advanced settings. Play around with those options. I assume you're on Sammy 4.3 ROM?

KEEP WIFI ON DURING SLEEP = NO!
SCANNING ALWAYS AVAILABLE = NO!

Tun off wifi b4 u go to sleep always works too. Us Wakelock detector or Better Battery Stats apps to check on rogue processed too.

Good luck
I'm on 4.1.2

For the app I checked and it seems no. ...I think it is due only to the wifi

Do you think it is normal that consumes 2% for each hour battery only for wifi active?
And 14% on the night, after 7 hours ago