[Q] issue with my Spen, please help

Search This thread

phokienhuy

Feb 4, 2013
My note P605 has a dead area on its screen where using fingers is normal but not with thr Spen, when i draw a line through this area, the line will be coroupted.

This is a link to the screen shot which will show you my problem.

Please help me if you have any solution for this.

The link to dropbox file: db.tt/FFXZOO4V

clouds5

Feb 8, 2011
All I can say is that the touchscreen driver is pretty messed up in general. There are multiple issues on this tablet, like shaking when you hold something, multitouch not working properly and touchinput dropping for no reason.
I'm not sure if your issue is hardware or software related (could be both imho) but I'm pretty sure the touchscreen driver will get some bugfixes in the next update. It's extremly needed and Samsung should be aware of it...

¿Will-it-Blend?

May 27, 2013
Atlanta, GA
plus.google.com
My note P605 has a dead area on its screen where using fingers is normal but not with thr Spen, when i draw a line through this area, the line will be coroupted.

This is a link to the screen shot which will show you my problem.

Please help me if you have any solution for this.

The link to dropbox file: db.tt/FFXZOO4V

You don't have a magnet case on your tablet do you? I know that that can cause issues with the S-Pen.

phokienhuy

Feb 4, 2013
p605

All I can say is that the touchscreen driver is pretty messed up in general. There are multiple issues on this tablet, like shaking when you hold something, multitouch not working properly and touchinput dropping for no reason.
I'm not sure if your issue is hardware or software related (could be both imho) but I'm pretty sure the touchscreen driver will get some bugfixes in the next update. It's extremly needed and Samsung should be aware of it...

Thank you for your reply. I will try reinstall the firmware using the kies software. Hope this may work otherwise, i will return it to the shop. Because i'm in Vietnam so i did not have the official warranty of this device.

Happy Lunar New Year guys!!

phokienhuy

Feb 4, 2013
no hope

It's not work guys!! even i flashed it back to stock :( may be this is a hardware failure :((( have to return it and take my money back

pg84

Dec 21, 2012
Hi , I had the same prob with my spen . can't write on parts of the screen an its really frustrating . An LCD replacement cost $220.
Being an engineer my self , I went to buy some prying tools and open up the back cover of my note p605. Guess wat. The wacom ribbon cable was slightly detached from the connector . With my newly bought tools , I reattach the ribbon cable and YES!! My s pen works like new again.

Pazzu510

Dec 10, 2010
Hi , I had the same prob with my spen . can't write on parts of the screen an its really frustrating . An LCD replacement cost $220.
Being an engineer my self , I went to buy some prying tools and open up the back cover of my note p605. Guess wat. The wacom ribbon cable was slightly detached from the connector . With my newly bought tools , I reattach the ribbon cable and YES!! My s pen works like new again.

would this fix the "dead" zones near the edges of the screen? I have those and everyday they get worse to the point that i have something like an 8inch-screen area to draw.