[GUIDE] Repair Xperia SP's aluminium frame

Tip us?

Gamer R
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 122
Default [GUIDE] Repair Xperia SP's aluminium frame

Hi there,

Here's a small guide which will help you all to repair your phone's aluminium frame , the inexpensive way using household products. At times people tend to drop the phone which causes the aluminium frame to chip off. Follow my steps carefully, and you'll be able to repair the damage.

NOTE: Do it at your own risk. I'm not responsible for the damage caused.

Things required:

- Toothpaste (Not gel based) (Preferably Sensodyne)
- Black acrylic paint
- White Glue (mainly used for Art & Craft projects)
- Cotton Swabs
- Tape (Scotch Tape or Cellophane tape)
- A solution of equal amount of Rubbing alcohol and distilled water. (For cleaning purpose)

Procedure:

Take bowl and mix 2 parts of Toothpaste with 1 part of White Glue and 1 part of black paint. This way you'll obtain the colour for the black frame. For white frame add 1/2 part of black paint only. You'll have to adjust the above ingredients a little bit to obtain the right colour.

For reference

Black Frame

White Frame

Tape up the sides of the back panel and screen leaving the affected area.
You'll have to add atleast 2 layers of tape.

Take a cotton swab , put the paint mixture and dab it on the affected area. Leave it overnight so that the paint dries off.

Using the rubbing alcohol solution, wipe off the excess paint.

And voila !, the frame is repaired.

Wanna build your own ultimate Gaming Rig ? Drop me a PM along with your budget and the components that you have in your mind.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Gamer R For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Robbie5
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Lightbulb paint

what about just the paint, i have the black version, it's not that visible but the paint is kinda grey on the sides and the frame under is black, is there any method to cover that little black area to make it greyish again ?

Nanostray
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie5 View Post
what about just the paint, i have the black version, it's not that visible but the paint is kinda grey on the sides and the frame under is black, is there any method to cover that little black area to make it greyish again ?
add more white
Devices:
2011-2013
Xperia Ray (587)
UHD-ROM
Locked Bootloader
CWM-Recovery (Xparts)

2013-future
Xperia SP (254)
Stock Rom
Locked Bootloader
CWM-Recovery

Hit if I' helped you (:

zeusrazvy
Old
Thanks Meter 2
pictures?

Gamer R
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 122
@zeusrazvy
Well I had repaired my phone this way a week before making this thread. So , I didn't really thought of making a thread in the first place. But when I had it, I was really late to click the pictures and show my tutorial in a pictorial way for better understanding

Wanna build your own ultimate Gaming Rig ? Drop me a PM along with your budget and the components that you have in your mind.